I Mess With Roman For Fun- Virgil

"He's a bit of a flirt, but I'm 'a give it a chance"

As soon as I ended the call, I nearly threw my phone at the wall and screamed. Luckily, my mother wasn't home or she would have called the police. I threw my closet doors open and grabbed the shoebox at the top. I rummaged through and eventually found my spray-on brown hair dye. Yeah, it was absolute shit, but it didn't need to be good. It had to work long enough to fool Roman's parents that I was a moral, upstanding citizen. Which meant I had to lose the piercings. And the makeup. The things I had to do for him.

I was feeling somewhat calmer after running around for half an hour trying to find something I could wear. It was all set. It was a perfect plan. Even I couldn't mess it up now. It was a carefully laid plan and all I could do now was wait. I collapsed on my bed around midnight, finally happy with the preparations. I smiled to myself in the darkness. Roman was going to be proud.

__ __

I woke up the next morning and got ready the way I usually did, stuffing my change of clothes into my bag. I walked down the stairs nonchalantly and I almost made it out the door until I heard a small clearing noise behind me. I slowly turned around to see my mother sitting on the table, her legs crossed, holding a steaming coffee cup and smiling the most shit-eating grin I had ever seen. Damn. So close.

"So," she spoke slowly. "What was the frantic running around for yesterday?"

"I was looking for some stuff I needed." I shrugged casually, but she wasn't buying it.

"What stuff? Because I am distinctly missing my favorite white t-shirt." she stood up and walked over. "Do you have any idea where it went?"

I confessed, I could never lie to her. "I have to go to someone's house today for the musical," I was careful to choose my words. "So I wanted a change of clothes that didn't make me look like a demon."

She mussed my hair and gave me a real smile, almost like the Chesire Cat. "You're my little demon, and don't let people tell you otherwise. You have fun with that, kid. Don't scare them with your knowledge about Brendon Urie right off the bat, though."

"Yeah, yeah," I playfully swatted her hand away. "Is the interrogation over? Dee is going to start-" Just as I spoke, there was a blaring horn. "Yeah, that. I'm late."

She opened the door and pushed me out as I scoffed. "Go! Have fun! Make more friends!" she yelled after me as I got in the car.

"What was she talking about?" Remus waved out of the window as he talked to me. He loved my mother, mostly because she didn't mind all of the weird stuff he said. If anything, she found it absolutely hilarious.

"I have to go to Roman's house today, can you both relax?" I groaned upon seeing their faces. "It's perfectly chill, it's dinner with the family."

"Have they seen you?" Dee cocked an eyebrow. "You don't seem like the type of person they would be a fan of."

(Forbidden Fruit just came on my Spotify. And I'm trying to not bop in the middle of the lunchroom)

"I have a plan, would you guys have a little more faith in me? You know me." I pushed his shoulder.

"Yeah, we do. Why do you think we're nervous?" Remus drawled and I flipped him off.
——
We walked into the school, still glaring at some people when Roman casually approached. He looked me up and down and smiled.

"Virgil, while your style is very...you," he said slowly and I smirked. "I'm just not sure about-"

"Princey, Princey, Princey," I chuckled and took a step back towards my locker. "So naive."

"What do you have planned, Night Terror?" He squinted at me but I responded with a dazzling smile.

"Faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust, if you must know." I bopped his nose and grabbed a few books.

"You are an emo nightmare." He shook his head in disbelief.

I mimed fake offense and smiled. "Thank you," I looked around at the mostly empty hallways before quickly kissing him. I quietly reveled in his expression. "We'll talk more later. C'mon, let's get to class."

I started walking but when I didn't hear him following, I turned my head. He was still standing there looking shell-shocked. "Well?" I asked. "Are you coming or not?"

My words jolted him out of his state and he began to run to keep up with me. I softly chuckled. I had this boy whipped. And I was loving every second of it.
——
Roman couldn't take his eyes off me all day, and I wouldn't admit that I totally started messing with him just because I could. I would never tell you that I made prolonged eye contact with him so he had to look away. And I wouldn't say that a few movements and... gestures... I did made him blush to the roots of his hair. Nothing like that.

As soon as class let out, I told Dee and Remus to go ahead since I had practice. I flipped them off with both hands as we said goodbye. I was about to turn away when I saw Roman walking directly at me, shaking his head.

"You are such a... teasing little bitch." He stopped in front of me and sighed. "And I bet you knew exactly what you were doing." He jabbed a finger into my chest accusingly.

"I can neither confirm nor deny it." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him close enough that I could whisper into his ear. "And there's nothing you can do about it."

He pulled away and he narrowed his eyes. "You're right because we're in school. Doesn't mean I like it though."

"You don't have to. You agreed to my rules." I shrugged casually.

He looked around, grabbed my waist and pulled me into a possessive, passionate kiss. I was definitely surprised but not complaining. My hands snaked around his neck and for a little while, I didn't care who was watching us. Only for a little while. After my brain started working again, I seemed to remember, YOU ARE IN SCHOOL! YOU HAVE WITNESSES TO SEE YOU AND A REHEARSAL TO GET TO!

I very reluctantly pulled away, panting. "What the hell? We are in school, Sir Sing-A-Lot!" I hissed.

"First of all, I love that nickname and I'm using it now," He poked me. "And second of all, you can only push my limits so far. So there." He stuck out his tongue and ran down the hallway.

"Oh, you are not getting away with that!" I exclaimed and chased him.
__ __

I just wanted to have a fun chapter before they meet the parents. I thought it was cute. Tomorrow's update of Star-Crossed might end up being a little late because I! Have play rehearsal! Until 9! Shoot me! It's not a big deal, and it should be fine, but in case it is late, that is why. Question of the day: Your favorite underrated musical and why? Mine is definitely Sweeney Todd, because the music is so good, the story is amazing, and c'mon. Blood and gore in Victorian England? That's my aesthetic. Take it easy guys gals and non-binary pals. Peace out!