I Have Semi-Decent Backup- Virgil

"From a guy that I'd never be into, into a guy that I'd kinda be into. Is he worth it?"

TW: Idk if it's enough for a warning, but some homophobia. It's a short section I promise

The moment I saw Dee and Remus go to talk to Roman, I knew there was something wrong. Those idiots were my best friends, but they were convinced I was some kid that needed protecting. When we first became friends, I was more fragile and scared than I was now. They helped me through a lot of my issues, but they had never forgotten how I started. I was starting to think they were never going to be over that.

Running out of the hospital that evening, I was in shock. I still was, to an extent. But, since I had relatively calmed down. Being soulmates was not a big deal. There are plenty of people that don't end up with their soulmates, people that learned how to settle. Okay, maybe 'settle' isn't the right word, but they understood that just because they were soulmates, it didn't mean they were right for each other... The point was, I was only going to hurt Roman, so it was best I pulled away from him now. There was no fear of going into this conversation. None at all.

"What did they want?" I approached Roman from the back and he turned around so quickly, he almost backhanded me into the lockers with his cast. "Gee, you might wanna slow down there, Princey."

He smiled when he saw I approached him. "Hey, Virge! Sorry about that, I'm a little on edge right now. Well, you know why." He gestured vaguely to the crowd trying to peer at us. I was aware of Talyn yelling at some taller jock, who was backing away.

"Yeah, I do. So, what did they want?" I asked again, walking with Roman down to our lockers.

"They just wanted to see if, um, we should be around each other only right now because people might do stuff!" His voice picked up towards the end of the sentence, and so did his pace. "I shouldn't have sounded so excited about that."

"No, that was not good. But, just forget it. We're still friends. Whatever happens," I emphasized. "We're still friends." I really to drive that point home.

"Yeah, friends." He gave me a half-hearted smile and I heard some sniggering coming from behind us. I turned around to see who it was and ran right into Roman, who had stopped in his path.

"Why did you-" I peered around him and I got a gnawing feeling in my stomach. Our lockers had been spray-painted with gold paint. "FAGS" was blazoned onto the red background and someone had actually gone through the effort of printing out the photos and sticking them on the lockers. Everything was spinning and I took one small step back. I fought the urge to vomit when I heard the laughter. My head snapped back up when I heard someone screech.

"THAT'S IT. I AM TIRED OF THE BULLSHIT. I HAVE TRIED TO BE NICE, BUT WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN IN RETURN? NOTHING!" Remus had grabbed a desk out of a classroom, moved it out into the hallway, and proceeded to scream at the mass of students gathered. Everyone turned to him with utter confusion. "SO I HAVE DECIDED TO ACT HOWEVER THE HELL I WANT SINCE APPARENTLY, THIS SCHOOL WILL ALLOW ANYTHING. RIGHT NOW I HAVE DECIDED TO SPEAK THE TRUTH AND BE. A JERK!"

"What the fuck." I heard Roman whisper beside me.

"You haven't seen anything yet." I shook my head and whispered back.

"YES, I AM GAY. I AM A FAG ACCORDING TO THOSE OH-SO-NICE WORDS SOMEONE PUT ON MY FRIEND'S LOCKER. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? NONE OF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE ME FOR IT. ALL OF YOU HETEROS LIVE YOUR LIFE IN PEACE. THAT IS NOT THAT MUCH TO ASK FOR." At this point in Remus's declaration, he pulled Dee out of the crowd, up onto the desk and kissed him. "I JUST KISSED MY SOULMATE. AND ANYONE WHO HAS ANYTHING TO SAY TO ME ABOUT IT CAN SUCK SOMEONE'S DICK. NOT MINE, SORRY BOYS AND GIRLS, I'M TAKEN!" Dee was standing to the side in shock and smiling the dopiest grin I had ever seen. There were some murmurs of discontent, but after the look the drama department gave them, they backed down.

"Any way you could hurry that up, Patton?" I was suddenly aware of Logan whispering nearby.

"Sorry, this stuff is hard to clean!" Patton whined and I turned my head to the side. While everyone had been distracted by Remus, Patton and Logan had been desperately cleaning the lockers. Logan was ripping the photos off with a furious intensity and Patton was desperately scrubbing the words away. This had been a coordinated attack. I nudged Roman and pointed over. He sighed.

"Wow. Our friends are insane and sweet."

"That they are." I shook my head again. The crowd had started to disperse and I noticed the obvious lack of teachers nearby. Out of the corner of my eye, I spied a small group all huddled together watching the spectacle. They had no intention of disrupting this. Remus clambered down from the desk, helped Dee down, and pushed the desk back into the classroom.

"Shall we head to class?" Dee approached, pointedly ignoring Roman, who didn't look surprised.

"Yeah, I'll see you around, Roman." I quickly grabbed my books from my locker and ran ahead to keep up with my friends.

"I still don't like him. I still think he's just going to be bad for you. But you won't listen to reason." Dee hissed at me as we walked.

"Yeah, I heard about your little attempt with Roman. If you don't like him so much, why did you help us?" I shot back.

"That wasn't for him. I did that for you," Remus answered. "I don't like that guy with his little sidekicks, but no one is going to mess with you while I'm still alive and kicking."

"Well, I appreciate it, but you aren't going to have to worry about Roman and me anymore. We're just friends, we're not going to get involved."

Dee sighed happily. "So you realized he wasn't the one for you."

"Oh no, we are soulmates. I'm not telling him though." I quickly walked into the classroom, trying to escape the questions following after me.

Ah, she's back with a part. Hey, my lovelies! I wrote this while avoiding studying for my test, OH BOY. Sorry it's a little short. But yeah. I have a little scenario for you guys.

Picture me, realizing I forgot to thank you all for 1k last part!

Picture me, getting ready to do that this part.

Picture me, looking back quickly at my page and realizing we now are at 2.4k reads!

Picture me having a heart attack BECAUSE WTF THIS WAS JUST FOR ME

Picture me looking again and seeing this story is #2 in prinxiety.

...

Picture me having another heart attack.

But seriously, thank you guys so much for 2.4k reads and all the votes and comments! Keep them coming, I read all the comments, even if I don't respond. I love you all so much, this would not be possible without you guys. You're the best. Last time I asked if anyone would be interested in seeing a oneshot book for any ship doing anything. No one responded, so I'm asking one more time if you guys would like that! If I don't see anything, I'll table the idea for a later date. But that's enough author's note from me. Take it easy guys gals and non-binary pals. Peace out.