We Finally Kiss- Virgil

"Set my heart aflame, ev'ry part aflame. This is not a game"

If you asked me why I suddenly started getting emotional during that scene, I wouldn't tell you only because I didn't know. It just felt like everything really hurt. My chest and lungs felt as if they were caving. Everything was in slow motion and I didn't know why. I could barely read the words until Roman took my hand. At that moment, everything felt good again. I steadied my resolve and I loved that he was so understanding. He was so perfect, and I was so not.

He handed me my bag. "So, you can take the bathroom and I'll change out here."

I nodded and closed the door behind me. I stared at myself in the mirror for a minute then pulled out a pair of black jeans and a purple button-up shirt with his patchwork hoodie. Too formal? Probably. I hadn't been to a party in a long time. "The Dark Sides" weren't exactly the most popular people around the campus. I left the first two buttons undone on my shirt and reapplied the eyeshadow. I threw my hair to the side and sighed.

I knocked on my side of the door. "You decent?"

I heard his muffled voice. "Would it stop you if I said no?" I couldn't help but smile to myself.

"Can you just answer the question?"

There was a moment of hesitation, a shuffling sound, and then an answer. "All good."

I stepped outside, our eyes connected, and our breaths were caught in our throats. He looked so good. It was just a red v-neck t-shirt with a black leather jacket and blue jeans, but there was something about it. I couldn't put my finger on it. I think it was just because he was wearing it. We took a step towards each other and I exhaled.

"Wow, you look... magnificent." he couldn't take his eyes off of me. I smiled and waved my hand in front of his face, spurring him from his thoughts.

"You're not looking too bad either," I smirked and grabbed my backpack. "You got the keys?"

He pulled them out looking triumphant. "Are you ready for the best night of your life?"

"Oh, absolutely. Let's go look like absolute idiots." I shrugged my bag over my shoulder and walked out, Roman following me close behind.
__ __

He opened the car door for me and I stepped out. The party was apparently at some jock's house and he was rich. The house was massive and I could smell the weed from 300 feet away. I took a deep breath. They were bound to be massive crowds, and I did not like that. I pulled my hood down and groaned. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

Roman hooked onto my left arm. "Aw, not so grumpy, you incredible sulk! You'll have a little fun for once! Get a little high, take a few shots. You'll feel wonderful, I promise." He hesitated. "If you really wanna bail, just tell me and we'll leave."

I fixed my posture and smiled."If you're wrong, I'm going to hit you again."

"I'm looking forward to it, Count Woe-laf. Let's go!" He pulled me up the steps and I had little choice but to follow him.

The door was left open so we let ourselves in. The music was headache-inducingly loud and there were random chip bowls stationed around the house. If this was what parties were like, maybe there was a reason I so rarely attended any. Roman handed me a red Solo cup and proceeded to chug it. I followed suit.

The buzz in my brain was almost addictive. I took a deep breath and looked at him, faintly smiling. "Good stuff, right?" he returned my smile. "If you get through a few of those, you'll be really drunk really quickly."

"Well, as long as I have to be here," I grabbed another cup. "I might as well enjoy myself."

"That's the spirit! Let's go hunt down some pizza." I followed him through the crowds, but it didn't bother me at all. My brain was a little too fuzzy to care.

Roman and I found a quiet corner, which was almost impossible, and we talked for a while. We kept drinking and eventually started a drinking game. Whenever a girl emerged yelling at her boyfriend, we took a shot. We got very drunk quickly. Within the hour, we were lying on the grass staring at the sky laughing. My shirt had come untucked and Roman had long since shed his jacket.

"Really?" Roman looked at me astonished.

"Yup. I really got in a subway without anyone noticing. My mom flipped out. I was only 5 in my defense!" I smiled as I saw him descend into giggles.

"You have the prettiest smile," he suddenly reached over and caressed my face. "Did you know that? It's so bright and pretty."

I held his hand and stared into his eyes. "Roman... are you just saying that because we're both drunk out of our minds?"

"No, I'm not. You're gorgeous, Virgil with your pretty purple hair." his words started slurring together.

"You cannot hold your alcohol, can you?" I ruffled his hair. I could hear my own words muddling.

He didn't respond because he had suddenly moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Virgil, I'm begging you. Please let me kiss you."

"Roman, are you sure that's not just the vodka talking?" I raised an eyebrow, but I knew he wasn't joking. His eyes were full of lust and love, in some odd combination.

He leaned over and kissed me and I didn't hesitate to return the favor. My hands ran through his hair and he pulled me even closer to him. I would have been shy, but every atom of my being was yelling for me to keep going. To feel him and just him. After a while, I pulled back.

"Wow... we waited too long to do that..." my voice was hoarse and I was panting.

"God, I want to take you home to watch Disney movies but my mom is a homophobic piece of trash who is otherwise very nice." Roman refused to let go of my waist.

"My mom's not home this weekend. But only if we can watch Black Cauldron," I held a finger to his lips. "Do we have a deal?"

"Absolutely, Kylo Friend." I was pulled to my feet and he kissed me again. After a minute, I called Uber. There was a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that this was a big mistake I would regret when I was sober. I didn't have time to worry about it because Roman and I attempted to hold each other up long enough to fall into the Uber. We fell asleep with our limbs intertwined as the car took us back to my house.