We Fall More In Love- Virgil

"I thank my lucky star every day, that you are as you are every day. The years may come, the years may go, if we're still here, I'll say I fall in love with you every day."

Roman and I eased our way through the next three weeks. Dance rehearsals, blocking, and singing was the easy part. Trying to convince people we weren't a couple was much harder. There were the genuinely curious, the annoying straight girls who fetishized the whole thing and the homophobes. Really, the whole thing was such bullshit. Straight people could hook up or date and no one would care. A gay couple in a smaller school? Everyone lost their minds. But to them, we weren't a couple.

Roman took me on a date every weekend without fail, despite my protests. He dragged me all over the city, asking what I had never done. We went to the aquarium (he bought me a stuffed seal), the zoo, and the art galleries. And ever once in a while, he pulled me into a discreet corner where we shared stolen kisses and tight embraces. It was heaven.

My mother would bombard me for details whenever I got home. I left out a few things, but she seemed happy that I was finally outside my room, living my life. She was even happier when I told her we were soulmates.

"Virgil, that's amazing!" She hugged me tightly. "How did he react when you told him?"

"Well, I haven't told him yet. I keep trying to, but there's never a right time. I promise I will." I covered my face.

"Work on doing that. The longer you put it off, the worse it'll be. Like ripping off a band-aid." She smiled but I could see the sadness in her eyes.

"Do you ever wish he hadn't left?" I bit my nail, hoping I wouldn't set her off. Her shoulders relaxed.

"Every day. But it wasn't for him. I got you out of it, Virgil." She kissed my forehead and ruffled my hair. "So there's not even a little bit of regret."
——
"Princey?" I groaned, throwing the notebook down on my lap. I was lying down, head resting  on Roman's leg as he ran his fingers through my hair. It was lunch period, one of the few times there was calm. The two of us would find a bench tucked away and spend it together.

"Yes, sweetheart?" Roman didn't even look at me, he was completely mesmerized by my hair.

"You're in my math class, help me figure this out." I showed him the problem but he shook his head.

"I have no idea what's going on. Usually I ask Logan who gets so upset by my questions, he just does it for me. I really shouldn't be in AP Calc." He chuckled as I groaned.

"You are completely useless. Why am I dating you again?" I rolled my eyes. Roman leavened down and kissed me. I sat up, never breaking the connection, and wrapped my arms around his neck. It took a minute before we broke apart.

"Oh yeah. That's why." I teased as he hit my shoulder.

"Rude." He stuck his tongue out and took the notebook from me, still trying to help.
——
"No. Absolutely not!" I cried out, looking at our director like she was insane. "I can't do that."

"Oh, come on." Danny crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Roman won't drop you again. And I have complete faith in you."

I turned back around and gulped. A small, rickety table was sitting in the middle of the stage. And according to the choreography, Roman was going to lift me up, put me on top of it, and I would have to sing the rest of my song from there. Disregarding the incredible fear of heights, the table looked ready to fall apart at any second.

"Shall we do a trial run?" All of a sudden, a pair of hands gripped my waist and lifted me into the air.

"Roman Princeton, I swear to God, I will kill you!" I cursed as he set me on top of the table. I didn't dare open my eyes.

"Come on, you gay disaster, just open your eyes!" Roman tugged on my shirt almost making me fall. "It's not that bad!"

"First of all, you're one to talk," I held out one hand, getting some laughter from Danny. "Second of all, fuck you." I flipped him off but I opened one eye very slowly. I heard the rehearsal tracks start to play and I sang, getting a feeling for the space.

After the applause died down, Roman carried me off the table. "You ever do that again, I will break your kneecaps." I threatened.

"You go ahead and do that." He winked.
——
"My, oh my!" Roman laughed. "Leather is very becoming on you!"

I stared at myself in the mirror and huffed, making my bangs flutter. The costumes were finally done so we were sent to the dressing rooms to try them on. And here was mine. Black leather, straps, and just baggy enough for me to feel comfortable. There was only one problem: I looked ridiculous.

"Shut up, Roman, at least you look good in white!" I pointed at his prince costume. Red sash with gold accessories? It was really nice.

"Is my emo nightmare admitting black isn't his color?" Roman teased.

"Oh no, black is my color." I clarified. "I just hate this stupid outfit." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and tried to make myself look smaller.

"Aw, but you're so pretty," Roman wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. "And the pretty purple hair." He looked

"You remember that?" I glanced down.

"I wasn't completely wasted when that part happened, so yeah. And I stand by what I said." He kissed my cheek and my face flushed.

"Roman, remember when I said I wanted-" I got the nerve to speak when Danny screamed from the front.

"ROMAN WE NEED YOU!" I flinched. There never was a good time.

"Sorry, love." He hugged me tighter before letting go. "Can it wait?"

"Yeah," I smiled. "No rush."
——
If I had a better excuse than, "I fell asleep on my couch and didn't post this on time." I would tell you. That's all I got though. This is just some time jumps of fluff for the last few weeks of their play rehearsals. Hope you liked it. Take it easy guys gals and non-binary pals. Peace out!