We Make Drunk Decisions- Roman

"Tonight I'm yours, I'm your dead girl walking"

I woke up suddenly when the stupid Uber driver honked. I banged my head on Virgil's chin and groaned.

"We really should stop hitting each other." He muttered as he rubbed his chin.

"Maybe, but we shouldn't stop hitting on each other." I grinned and he weakly pushed me to the side.

"Hey, so maybe you guys can get out now?" The Uber driver turned around in his seat.

"Yeah, whatever," Virgil opened the door and practically tumbled onto his front lawn. I followed him and landed on top. As the Uber driver left, I heard Virgil say, "You are definitely not getting 5 stars."

I rolled and stood up shakily. I extended my hand to him. "Need a hand?"

"Gee, what do you think?" he grabbed my hand and we held each other up, uncertain of every step we took towards the house. He unlocked the door and dropped me on the couch and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Virge, where'd you go?" I sang out to him, laughing as I did it.

"Just continuing the party," he reemerged with a bowl of chips.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him down on top of me, swiping the bowl. "You think we'll regret this in the morning?" he suddenly turned and stared me right in the eyes. I attempted to be serious, but both of us were in such a state we couldn't maintain the act.

"Virgil, my love," I grabbed his hand and kissed his wrist. "I doubt we're sober enough to remember any of this tomorrow."

He grinned and kissed my cheek. "I sure hope so. Otherwise, I would be so embarrassed and I might actually break down."

"Well, let's not let tonight end then."

After a while, we pulled up Black Cauldron and watched. I got distracted a few times by Virgil, but neither of us was particularly interested in the movie. We were still making out when the credits finished.

"Ah, that's why I love Disney! Such wholesome family fun." I sighed, but Virgil scoffed.

"Wholesome? They are all kinds of dark undertones. Are you sure we're watching the same movies?"

This spurred on an hour-long debate on the dark side of Disney. We bantered back and forth but the argument soon downgraded to us just poking each other.

"It's like, 1 in the morning right now." Virgil was laying across my chest and I was playing with his hair.

"Wonderful, you have a perception of time." Virgil smacked my arm but he was still giggling. The bottle that he had pulled out from somewhere was laying on the table, completely empty.

"I mean, what do people talk about at 1 when they're really drunk?" He propped himself up so he could look at me better.

"Hm, soulmates? And I'm not just saying that because I want to know," I quickly added that last sentence when I saw his blushing face. "This is really something people talk about! We're too drunk to remember this in the morning, it can't possibly matter."

"I'll only talk about mine if you go first." he gave me that pouty face you could only ignore if you were actually made of stone. I made a big show of my over-dramatic sigh.

"Fine. I've had mine for a few months, and I still don't see how people can know their soulmates and still date other people!"

"They haven't met that person yet, it shouldn't stop them from having a little fun." he curled his fingers around my neck.

"Am I just a little fun?" I was scared of his answer. I didn't want to be.

He licked his finger and wiped at his cheek, Concealer came off and it revealed the best two letters I had ever seen. R.P.

"Am I just a little fun?" he mirrored my tone and my words. I let him uncover my own initials and he smiled. "I guess not."

"I don't want to forget this happened in the morning," I held his hand close to my face. "I don't want to ever forget this happened."

Virgil grabbed a Sharpie off of the table, uncapped it with his teeth, and wrote on my hand. "He knows." Just vague enough.

"There," he tossed it to the side. "Now we'll remember when we wake up tomorrow."

"You are just too perfect, do you know that?" I cooed.

"I've always known that. Nice to see you finally caught on." he pulled his hand back.

"We have got to sleep now, the hangover is going to be so much worse if we don't." I groaned and moved off of Virgil. Everything was suddenly colder.

"Fine, come upstairs. No use having you sleep on the couch," Virgil grabbed my hand and pulled me up so suddenly, we staggered. "We are soulmates after all."

We made our way up the stairs slowly, determined not to fall backward. We tripped on each other's feet and fell face forwards into his room. "We are really not meant to be dance partners."

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I am much better coordinated when I'm not drunk and desperately attracted to the person I'm leaning on," I rolled off of him. "Mind if I borrow some clothes?"

"Too drunk to care, do what you want." he grabbed some clothes sitting on a chair and closed the door behind him as he went to change. I stole one of his tanks tops and shorts and sat down, waiting for him to come back. When he opened the door, he sighed.

"I should let you keep those, they look good on you." he leaned on the doorway. I stood up, walked over, took his head, and gently led him over to the bed.

I collapsed on one side of the bed, exhausted. I felt Virgil roll over and latch onto my side. I kissed his hair and we fell asleep just like that, perfectly content.