Chapter 5 - A feeling for Art

---Kim's POV---

I snapped my eyes open, although I was still trapped in my own dark world. Quickly sitting up, I held my breath while I slowly turned my head. Eventually, I sighed deeply and collapsed on my bed. It was just a dream. It was strange though; I could have sworn that the last sentence of the dream, along with the kiss, was real.

My hand moved on its own accord and touched my forehead while I absentmindedly wondered what the hell was going on with me. First, I accept a ride home from Will, who had remarkably, never made a move towards me. Then, I was getting flustered with his presence, up until the point that thinking of him made me crazy. Not crazy crazy, just, a good kind of crazy...I hope.

And now I could have sworn on everything that I hold dear, that I had heard his voice in my dream, saying that he would protect me. Even more, I had the feeling that I was being watched. But I couldn't hear anything near me, only the rustling of the leaves outside.

"Great, now I'm really going crazy." I muttered, annoyed with myself while I covered my head with my duvet, grumbling in myself. Taking a deep breath until my lungs felt like they would pop, I slowly blew it back out before I accepted the deeper darkness of sleep. Maybe I could have some happy dreams for once.

---Will's POV---

I landed on the ball of my feet without making a sound. I glanced up, expecting that Kim would pop her head out of the window to shout out or investigate further. Since nothing happened, I darted to the cover of the woods, where I turned back and stared at Kim's house.

Stupid idiot! Stupid, stupid, stupid.... I smacked my head each time while I paced around. She woke up! She could have found out that I was in her room!

"She's our mate, she would understand." My wolf soothed, wagging his tail like a love-struck puppy. He kind of was, the way he was drooling over our mate. He let the comment slide; only giving me a throaty chuckle as a reply.

I looked at Kim's room longingly but I knew that it would take some time before I'm actually allowed there, let alone sleep next to her. A sigh escaped my mouth before I shifted and walked towards a patch of grass, circling around before I lowered myself on the ground, my head on my paws.

"Will? Where are you?" My head snapped up while I looked over my shoulder, in the direction of the packhouse. Right, I ran away while I was ticked off; they might be a little anxious about what I might have done.

"At Kim's house. I needed my mate." Several images flashed in front of me while father's thoughts became more and more confused. I snorted at one particular image and grunted "Not in that way dad." I sighed and closed my eyes, falling asleep on the lullaby of Kim's heartbeat.

--------

"So, when are they coming over?"

My ears flew up so fast that it strained a muscle. I flinched, pawing at the ear before I shook myself out and stretched my paws. Damn, sleeping close to my mate, although it was in the dirt, really improved my night rest. A yawn escaped my mouth while I waited for Kim's answer. Apparently, Kath was fed up with waiting, because I heard the tapping of a foot.

"Helloooooo? Planet Earth to Kim?" I snorted, slightly amused but my wolf didn't like the tone Kath used with our mate. The urge to see Kim, to see my mate became more powerful.

I could take a small step forwards, just so I can look in the living room.

A few steps later, I had a clear view of the living room, where Kath leaned against the counter while she watched Kim, who was grabbing a box from the closet.