Chapter 15 - Love is... being bitten by a werewolf

---Will's POV---

A string of curses flew of my mouth as Kim hung limply from my arms after the news. I glared at David, who raised his hands in the air as he defended himself in an annoyed tone "I'm sorry man but I couldn't do anything about it! I didn't know something like that would happen."

I sighed, knowing that I couldn't just work this out on David and instead glared at the black screen of the TV before I glanced at father. "He's out, so he's probably going somewhere safe. I want as much info on him and one of the pack after him before he manages to slip away." Taking a deep breath to calm myself down, I glanced at uncle James and motioned my head towards the blank screen.

"Can you pull some strings to see whom he's related to? Most likely he'll flee towards them or they might have an inkling where he's going to hide." Uncle nodded slowly and walked away, leaving the rest of the pack in a state of concern and slightly freaked out, seeing their young Luna feinting like that. I couldn't blame them; my heart was still wildly pumping somewhere in my throat.

A hand reached out to touch Kim's face and I growled warningly as I held her closer to my being. Right now, nobody could touch her unless my wolf calmed the hell down. I heard a shocked gasp before someone groaned behind me and muttered "Ah, great. Now the human knows too."

Looking up, I noticed that Karen was standing a few steps away from me by now, still looking from her hand, to her sister and to me as if she couldn't understand everything. David walked towards her and pleaded, "Don't freak out. Just don't freak out please." I frowned, not knowing why she would have to freak out before I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of the mirror.

Yellow eyes...my wolf's eyes...ah, great. No wonder the girl looked like she was going to follow her sister's lead and pass out. Kim stirred in my arms, causing me to tighten my hold on her as I pulled myself on my feet.

"Keep her here for a moment and tell her before she feints or freaks out." I muttered before slowly padding up towards our bedroom. Kim needed a few moments to recover herself and I needed a few moments alone with my mate. Caring her upstairs bridal style, I buried my nose in her neck, softly inhaling her scent.

I kicked the door to my room open, being careful with shifting Kim in my arms before I closed the door with my foot and sighed. When were we going to have some quality time for ourselves? Kim stirred again as I placed her down on our bed.

"W-what..." I quickly lay down beside her and held her to my chest. Kim blinked a few times before cuddling closer. "What happened Will?" My eyes closed at the pleading whisper, cursing the fact that I couldn't deny my mate anything.

I shifted my weight slightly as I pulled her beside me so I could look at her. "You feinted after you heard the news." Kim froze slightly as I could feel her recall what happened. She shivered and crawled closer in the embrace while closing her eyes with a sigh. "I didn't expect.... how, no, why did he get out?"

My wolf growled at that question, wanting to know the answer myself. Instead, I shrugged slightly and shook my head as I graced her cheek with my hand. "I don't know. Maybe he got tired of prison and wanted to get out. Maybe he saw an opportunity and took it or he plotted the whole thing." I thought out loud as I touched her face reassuringly.

She sighed deeply and shivered again. " I wish I could forget it all. That I wouldn't dream about it anymore. Even the small shots of the dream, even if I only see his sister, I will always remind her as his sister." Kim shivered again before I placed a finger on her lips. "Don't Kim. Don't think about him or her. Just you and me now, okay? I promise that he'll never lay a hand on you or your family, ever again."