Chapter 11 - "You knew?!"

---Will's POV---

I just stood there, staring at my blind mate, who had found out what we are while every other human just looked past that; they didn't have a clue about the fact that we are werewolves. Noticing that my mouth was hanging open, I closed it with an audible snap, which made Kim smirk slightly from her position at the doorway.

"How? When?" I stuttered, extremely confused at all this. The rest of my pack was all standing in several poses of shock, amusement or surprise. Kim smiled slightly, closing her eyes while tracing her ear.

"Because I'm blind, not deaf. I've been here twice, and both those times I could hear what I thought were dogs, barking and howling around the house. But nobody here mentioned having dogs while I could clearly hear them running in the backyard." Kim moved her hand away from her ear and placed her hand on the wall, tracing it while she walked in my direction.

I smiled lightly and took a few steps towards her before she was right in front of me and placed her hand on my chest, causing me to purr at the contact. Kim shook her head with a chuckle, mumbling, "That's different." to herself before she glanced up at me.

"Would it surprise you if I'd say that you were the reason for pulling me over the edge?" she asked, tapping my chest lightly while she looked up in my eyes, her unseeing green eyes sparkling with amusement while they seemed to glide over my face. I shook my head, still in a dazed state while I felt my lips pull up in one of those shit-eating grins, especially when Kim reached up to trace my face for my expression.

She found out because of me? That's all my wolf had heard; she knew because of me, because of us. Our mate had figured it all out by herself, but we convinced her of what we are. He purred in approval, especially when Kim traced the pads of her fingers over my lips, which stretched in an almost painful grin.

Kim laughed softly while she tilted her head to the side. "What are you grinning about?" she chuckled louder and I felt myself laugh with her before I pulled her in my arms. "Oh no, I'm not telling yet. You still need to explain how I convinced you that we are what we are. And why you haven't run out the door, screaming." I added with a small frown.

She looked down, frowning slightly before she said, "Deal, if you guys fill me in about all this." She said with a hand gesture to the rest of the pack, while mom and dad walked in from the yard, both smiling and shaking their heads at Kim. Kath chuckled, clearing everyone from their amazed daze.

"That's Kim." She said, shaking her head while she walked up to her best friend and pulled her out of my arms into a hug of her own. "Leave it to you to reveal that you know everything. Just so you know: I know too, but I was told." Kim playfully shoved Kath away, rolling her eyes.

"Of course you're told about it. Otherwise you'd be screaming loud enough that the people on the interstate could hear you." Kim smirked teasingly, earning herself a jab in her ribs from a grumbling Kath. David walked up and wrapped his arms around Kath's waist.

Nuzzling her neck, David glanced at Kath then at Kim while he murmured, "Well, you missed that part a few days ago. Man, never knew that a girl could have iron lungs like that!" Kim joined in his laughter before I slightly tugged at her hand, causing her to look in my direction with a confused expression.

"You were explaining something?" I said, clearly showing my amusement when she bit her lips and mumbled, "Oh yeah." Dad walked up and looked at Kim, slightly shaking his head. "It's quite amazing that you've found out on your own, while we've lived here amongst other humans for decades."

I hugged Kim closer to me, my wolf and I glowing with pride; our mate had just discovered our biggest secret, all on her own. I still couldn't believe it. Kim shrugged, for as far as that was possible with my arms wrapped around her while she turned her body towards father.