Chapter 8 - Slumber party

---Will's POV---

"Really Will, if you want to get to know Kim, just pick her up from her classes, say that I can't make it." Kath waved with her hand at paper in front of me, which held the classes that Kim took. I nodded while my eyes scanned the piece of paper; Kim's classes existed mostly out of art-classes, one math's class and the P.E. class.

Looking up at the clock, I noticed that our free hour was nearly over. I hadn't seen Kim this morning but Kath didn't want to say how Kim was, which made me slightly nervous. I grabbed my belongings and sighed, "I know but how can I win her trust? I can't just waltz in her life and toss it upside down, can I?"

Kath chuckled slightly with a soft smile on her face. "Although I hate to admit it William, you are becoming a light for Kim's darkness. It's surprising how quickly she opens up to you." I stared at Kath; the hope I was feeling was almost painful.

She chuckled again before she waved her hands at me, "Go on, shoo. You've got your mate waiting for you." I pushed myself of the table, making the chair scrape loudly over the floor while I swung my bag over my shoulder. "And Will?" I glanced over my shoulder at Kath. "Be honest."

Right, Kim would know when someone lied to her. And with the past she's had, lying would immediately break any progress I made. I nodded, indicating that I heard Kath before I dashed off towards the art-class.

I skidded to a halt just as the class doors opened. A smirk appeared on my face while I imagined the surprised look on Kim's when I was waiting for her instead of Kath. The last students walked out and I frowned; Kim didn't come out.

Hesitating for a brief moment, I decided to take a look myself. I quickly walked into the classroom and heard music playing softly while I noticed that Kim was still working on her canvas, her curls draped over her face, concealing it while she held her head down.

"Oh, you...you're probably here to guide her, aren't you?" I looked up at the art-teacher and smiled politely, giving a small nod. The teacher looked torn, her finger tapping against her chin. "She asked if she could listen to music while she worked on her painting. It would help her focus on her work, instead of other things."

She looked up at me with a hesitant smile "She looks so peaceful now, I don't want to disturb her." I chuckled but I had to agree with her; Kim really looked calm, well, calmer then when she was walking around, when she had to pay attention to her surroundings.

"May I?" I gestured towards Kim, looking at the teacher for permission. Although I was a future Alpha, I couldn't use that status over others, especially humans like this art-teacher. She nodded and I stepped closer to the artwork, slightly curious.

Kim didn't look up; she was slightly moving her head at the song while she moved one hand over the seemingly blank canvas. I noticed that there where lines on it, a creamy white/blue that barely stood out.

Kim traced one of the lines until she found the spot she wanted and placed her brush, tainted with black, down and filled the small circle, constantly tapping against her finger so that she didn't paint out of that area.

I was watching her every move with curiosity; when someone would tell me that a blind person could paint without any help, I would have laughed in his face, calling him crazy. Now, I was absolutely mesmerized with Kim's gentle but confident movements while she started at her painting.

A canvas behind her caught my eye and I immediately recognized Kath's eyes, while she was pictured in profile, her brown-black hair framing her face. Although you could see the different layers and colors that created Kath's face, it was hard to believe that Kim could paint this.