Chapter 13 - Happiness comes from the small things...

---Kim's POV---

I walked up the stairs, still feeling a bit flustered while I absentmindedly brushed my arms together. A soft hand was placed on my back to make sure I wouldn't fall as the rest of the pack carried my belongings towards Will's room with such enthusiasm that it baffled me. Apparently, they liked the idea that I was moving in.

Kath pushed me ahead when I hesitated in Will's doorway before she plopped me down in a seat. "Now, sit still and wait for a moment until all your stuff are brought up here. I'll help you unpack your stuff later, but right now, you can have some quality time with your mate."

Rolling my eyes, I stood up again, only to be pushed back down, this time by Will, who squeezed my shoulders gently. "I know this might annoy you but just sit this one out. Not because of your disability," He added when I frowned and opened my mouth to protest, "Just because you don't know the layouts of the house or even this room."

I bit my lip lightly while I looked away and nodded reluctantly. Will was right; I had no idea how this room looked like and I would probably hinder the movers. Brushing my hair behind my ear, I tilted my head and listened to the people moving around through the hallway and in the room. I even heard some movement in the room next to Will's.

A box was placed close to my feet as the door closed behind a laughing Kath, who was being persuaded by David to move in as well. Just as Will sat beside me, the door opened again. "Oh and Kim, I'm going to prepare you for the critics tomorrow, got to look good for them. Just relax and enjoy your evening! Ciao!"

I groaned and let my head hang over the back of the seat while I closed my eyes. "Like I can relax now Kath." I grumbled under my breath. Will chuckled beside me before his warm hand slid over my neck and he tugged me to the side, my back facing him. "Why so tense Kim? You don't have to worry that they won't like your art."

His hand moved over my neck, twisting my hair over my shoulder before it was quickly joined by his other hand as he started to rub the tense muscles, massaging all the stress and worries away until I was left to a melting mess.

"It's not that." I said, shivering as his thumbs brushed the column of my neck before rubbing over the tense muscles just below it. Will chuckles slightly when I leaned against his hand and let my head hang down so he could work freely on my shoulders and neck.

"What is it then? You're really tense Kim. You know you can tell me anything." He mumbled softly before tilting my head slightly to the side to place a kiss on my cheek. I let out the breath I was holding and nodded. "Yeah, I know. It's just...what happened earlier..."

Will's hands stopped momentarily before they picked the pace up again, working on my shoulders this time. "Don't worry about those people Kim. They aren't worth to be called a parent." He said, a soft growl rumbling through his chest while he sat a bit closer to me. I sighed with contentment as he stopped massaging and pulled me back, resting my head in his lap as he softly brushed his fingers over my face.

"I know but still...they are the people that are supposed to love me. And what of my sister? Would they tell her what happened or will she be left in the dark? And if they do, would she contact me or-"

Will's lips on mine stopped me from rambling and as soon as he felt my surrender, he smiled against my lips before he pulled back slightly. "Has anyone told you that you worry too much?" He asked rhetorically before he kissed me again, cupping my cheek softly.

The door flew open with a loud smack, causing us to jump while I literally fell of Will's lap and fell flat on my stomach. An angry growl rumbled through the room before a pair of warm hands wrapped around my waist and picked me up. "Are you okay?" the question was laced with concern as I was moved towards the bed and gingerly placed down.