Chapter 16 - The Wrong Girl

---Will's POV---

I blinked slowly and became aware of the treasure I was holding in my arms. Kim was still asleep, drained after the marking process but she was slowly recovering. A low rumble started in my chest and I realized that I was purring softly, which only intensified when Kim leaned in my embrace and sighed softly.

My wolf was extremely content, almost docile as he enjoyed the fact that our mate was lying next to us, claimed for everyone to see and knowing that in the future, we would be able to mark and mate her.

"But what about the Bite? Will she allow us to turn her?"

My eyes lowered to her while I thought about that. Kim seemed unusually acceptant about what we are. She might want to become one of us, if I explained everything to her. But still, she had to be aware of the consequences of her choice. If she would choose for the Bite, her whole life would change.

She would become a wolf, yes, but she had to endure the whole process, and that could be quite painful if it was done wrong. I flinched slightly, thinking back at a case in another pack. A male had found his human mate on the streets, in the arms of her boyfriend at the time.

He had been so angry about seeing his mate in the arms of another man that his wolf had took control and gave his mate the Bite right then and there. The problem is, that when a male or female wants to change their counterpart, he or she had to want the change; otherwise the body would fight against the process.

The result would stay the same; his mate shifted, but only after going through three full days and nights of burning fevers, convulsions and epileptic seizures because her body was fighting against the venom in his saliva. After the whole ordeal he had to grovel and beg her to forgive him and even now, after more than twenty years, he was still making up to her.

I sighed and placed a kiss on Kim's forehead when she frowned in her dreams and smiled when the frown eased of her face. Reaching up with my hand, I traced her brows, her nose and her lips while my mind wandered off.

After a few more minutes, she started to stir slightly and blinked with her eyes. I smiled sadly, realizing that although I could watch her every minute of the day, she wasn't able to do the same thing and it was eating me up. How would she react when she could look at the house, at my room...at me?

"Will?"

I moved slightly, pulling her closer as she lifted her head with a drowsy smile on her lips. My lips greeted hers with a soft kiss before I pulled back and smiled as she reached for my face. Her own lips copied mine when she felt that I was smiling before her hand slid to her neck, where she traced my mark on her.

"Wow, it really happened huh?" she wondered while I looked at my mark with pride, nodding slightly. "Yep, you're mine now and you'd better believe it." I smirked at the end, burying my face in her neck, close to my claim. She shivered as I took a deep breath and let it back out, reveling in her scent.

Kim smiled slightly before she frowned and pointed a finger in my face with a threatening expression sliding over her face. "You better not cheat on me mister, because wolf or not, I'd kick your furry behind." My wolf whined at her comment; it was unimaginable for him to even think about cheating on his mate. That was something the human part did and even I didn't want to think anything related to another woman.

Leaning forwards so my nose brushed against hers, I breathed, "Didn't even cross my mind, love. I'm all yours and yours only."

"Good." Kim smiled brightly before her hand unconsciously traced my claim on her again as she moved to sit up. I whined slightly at the loss of warmth before I sat up and pulled her against my chest, sighing contently at the contact. She chuckled slightly while glancing up at me, her green, unseeing eyes sparking with amusement as they flitted towards my general direction.