Chapter 6

NB:  This chapter has been written as part of the NaNoWriMo Challenge so is unedited and in its original raw state.  

We huddled together for warmth as we queued in skimpy dresses that left little to the imagination. Fallon's older sister had told us that wearing revealing clothing was the easiest way to distract the bouncers from asking for our ID but Arizona was still nervous.

"What if the recent visit from the Police makes them more thorough?"

"They won't," Fallon tossed her hair.

"They might," I agreed with Arizona.

"Trust me," Fallon smiled smugly, "We'll be fine."

We continued waiting in line to get in. I could see the tension building on Ariona's face. She was going to give us away. I reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze, "If any of us don't get in, then we all don't go in."

Arizona gave a weak smile as thanks.

"Come no girls, you've got to help me find Brad." Fallon rubbed Arizona's shoulder. "You're my wing woman. My lucky charm."

It was out turn and as the bouncer moved the rope to let us through we walked past them and to the kiosk to pay. I kept expecting a hand on my shoulder, requesting ID but they barely gave us a second glass. Then we were in.

We headed to the bar and Fallon insisted on us all doing shots. "Kamikazee's all round," She cheered as the bartender placed three little glasses in-front us. "And, three double vodkas and lemonades." She added and the bartender made the additional drinks whilst we lifted our glasses and Fallon counted to three. All of us threw the drink back. It was sweet but I felt the kick of vodka burn at the back of my throat.

The bartender told Fallon the price but it was too loud to hear over the music. She passed him some notes and he returned with some change. Then we took our glasses and looked for someone to drink.

I led us to a corner where a green pot plant stood. I gingerly sipped my drink. It tasted like a very generous double. I could feel it going straight to my head. I needed to pace myself, I didn't want to get drunk. I needed to stay in control to ensure I didn't slip up and tell my friends about Nate or how I had ruined things eternally with Jace. When they weren't looking, I tipped my glass, giving the plant a generous drink.

"Have you seen him Ari?"

Arizona shook her head.

Fallon leaned into me, "I can't wait to show him to you. He looks like a god. I am going to worship the pants off him."

"Oh, there is!" Arizona squealed and started points at him.

Fallon grabbed her erect arm and pulled it down by her side, "Don't do that, he might see you!"

Fallon blushed as a guy in the direction Arizona had been pointing turned and looked at us with a puzzled look on his face. He had definitely seen the pointing. I cringed on behalf of Fallon.

The guy started walking over.

"Oh my god, he's coming over." She squealed and looked like she looked a little paniced.

"Hi," He smiled, "Arizona and Fallon?" He appeared younger than I thought from Fallon's description but he was good looking. He had that clean boy band look to him. Dark hair and a piercing in his right ear.

"Hi Brad," Fallon chimed, drawing his attention.

"You left before we got a proper chance to get to know each other. I was going to buy you a drink."