Chapter 10

Over the next few days, things got worse. I tried my best to stay out of peoples way, skipping lunch to avoid staying in one place. I wasn't that hungry anyway. Although, my body didn't agree. It grumbled in class and ached as the end of the school day drew nearer. I rested a hand on my stomach to soothe it and that drew a lot of unnecessary attention.

"Is your phantom baby kicking?" Someone yelled at me.

"Here she goes again." Added someone else, "Who's the daddy this time?"

"God!" Someone laughed, "She, thinks she's the virgin mary but she's nothing but a dirty slag."

Then some little year 7s started throwing condoms at me. The little square foil packets felt sharp as one of them hit my face. They all laughed as a teacher stepped in, "Cut that out!" She yelled, "If you can't behave inappropriately you will be excluded from future SRE. She confronted the cackling group of boys. Pick those up or I'll send you to the heads office."

The boys must have respected her. She was probably the teacher that treated them like they were mature enough to have adult relationships and issued them the condoms. I remember when we got ours, several of us tried to fill them up with water, stretch them over our heads but none of us practised using one of a banana or for real sex.

Whilst the lads were distracted being told off, I slunk off. I kept myself busy walking the corridors. Then I saw Fallon and Madison up ahead.

"Kya!" Fallon shouted out.

I knew that when Fallon had it in for you that you best stay out of her way. I quickly turned on my heals.

"Oi Kya!" She yelled after me, "Wait up!"

I wasn't waiting for anything, I was out of here. I hurried out of the building. I had barely left when my phone started to ring. I expected it to be Fallon but it was her brother's name flashing on the screen. I took the chance to click options and blocked him. Now, I wouldn't be bothered by him anymore. I noticed he had also text. Curiosity overpowered my anger and I checked what he had sent.

Nate: Tom told people we went to A&E and then they wanted to know why I didn't take you home. I told Murray I took you to mine to keep an eye on you as I was worried. If it wasn't for Jace nobody would have thought any more about it!

Nate! Jace! I hated them both. Seeing their names felt like someone had poured boiling hot bubbling rage down my throat. It's steam,rising inside me, scorching my eyes, making the acid run down my face. But instead of burning me, it soothed me. It felt like a pressure tap had opened and I was able to let go of some of the pain. The corset of my inner suffering had the strings loosened with my tears and I felt I could breathe a little easier.

I didn't care if the school contacted my mum, if students said I left for attention, I wasn't going back. I was done with school. I could revise at home, pass my exams and go far away from here for college. I'd start looking at options as soon as I'm home. That way when my parents ask why I skipped I would be ready with a plan, a choice. I wouldn't be trapped to one high school full of hate any longer than I had to.

My resolve was lost when I got in. Someone had recorded the condom incident and it had set off a new‍ tirade of abuse. Students were now making meme's about my lack of sex education knowledge. They were saying I had oral sex, swallowed Jace's semen and thought I was pregnant. Another thread had suggested I had anal sex using vulgar terms and this had spirraled into a debate on how this can actually happen and maybe I really am pregnant. Some people were defending me saying I could have been pregnant and had a miscarriage and this had then returned people to focus on how I was a liar because Jace claims we never had sex. Except now a conversation on whether to trust Jace had ensued.