Chapter 8

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

-------------------> "NO

-------------------> "NO. NOT LIKE THAT. At this rate, you are going to poke somebody's eye out." Spoke the charming voice of Tom Marvolo Riddle as he reached to grab the wand out of Rose's hands.

"Hopefully yours..." Rose mumbled under her breath.

Tom Riddle gave her a challenging look, "You would have been dead before you would have completed that action."

"Geez, lighten up. It was just a joke." She said with a goofy smile. She then looked at the lightened tip of his wand, "Get it?"

"Yes, we are practising lumos. You asked me to lighten up. Very clever." He said dryly. "It would have been better, however, if you could actually manage to light the tip of your wand."

"Killjoy," Rose muttered before doing the wand movements again with her practice wand.

Yes, he had given her a practice wand.

He couldn't have taken her to Ollivanders. While she did not look like how 'Rosalie Potter' was described in the autobiographies of her book, he couldn't take the chance of that -admittedly smart- old coot recognising her.

Luckily, he had found an old practice wand in one of the trunks kept in the attic. Well, he says that he found it. It was actually found by one of the House Elves whose name he frankly didn't care enough to remember.

The very old practice wand, which he was sure was at least thrice the age of his former Transfiguration professor was made to execute 5 basic spells only- Lumos, Nox, Wingardium Leviosa, Reparo and Point Me.

He had made the carefully considered decision to teach Rosalie Potter magic in order to defend and protect herself.

He doubted the Light Side would harm even a hair of their precious Savior. He was not worried about his own followers either. He knew that if he simply told them not to touch her, even the most foolish of them would obey his command because they knew better than to rebel against a direct order from the great Lord Voldemort.

He needed to teach her magic to defend herself from the rebels, the one who would blame her for the death of their family members, never mind the fact that she had discovered the existence of magic less than 24 hours ago.

It was only after Rose's excited squealing of getting her very own 'stick',-albeit a practice one- did he realize just how hard it was going to be to teach her magic.

Lord Voldemort had always prided himself on being a patient and good teacher, even wanting to become the DADA professor at Hogwarts.

So he couldn't comprehend why the bloody hell was this girl making magic sound so damn difficult and complicated?!?!