EXTRA 5 ~ the day after the confession

-----------------> "SO MASTER," Nagini said with a smug sort of look

-----------------> "SO MASTER," Nagini said with a smug sort of look. "What is Rose to you?"

Marvolo thought back to what happened earlier that morning:

\\

"Gooooooood Morning Marvolo!" Rose sang as she barged into his room excitedly. "It's another bright and sunny day! Wake up. NOW!" She said as she opened all the curtains in the room.

Marvolo groaned (he would deny that if asked). "Rose, turn the enthusiasm down and get out of my room."

"Nope!" Rose exclaimed cheerfully."Come on! There are so many things to do in such little time. Wake up! It's daylight saving time..." She sang. "It's our first day as a couple and I have so many things planned, which can't happen if you don't wake up. So, WAKE UP. NOW!! Wake up or I'll steal your blankets. Fine, Marvolo. You leave me no choice. Gigy, get me a bucket of ice-cold water-"

//

"She is the reason I wake up in the morning." Marvolo finally replied.

------> 0o0 <------

8:12 am:

Rose came down for breakfast wearing the biggest smile and the prettiest dress. She literally skipped along the way with a random twirl in between.

Marvolo hadn't come down yet, he was still getting ready it seemed.

Rose felt like she was on cloud 9.

She made her way to the kitchen, greeted the House Elves cheerfully before picking up a tangerine.

She peeled it's exterior before putting the peel in her mouth and smiling widely to the House Elves who all giggled and smiled back at her. The orange/tangerine peel thing was something that she had been doing ever since she was little, and she supposed it was childish, but then again, she was a bit childish and she had absolutely no intention of discontinuing her little habit.

Rose took the tangerine peel out from her mouth before throwing it in the bin.

She looked intensely at the peeled tangerine in her hand before tilting her head slightly to the right in thought.

She took out one slice of the tangerine and popped it into her mouth.

"He loves me." She said smiling as she ate the slice.

She took another slice from the tangerine and put it in her mouth.

"He loves me not." She said with a frown.

She then quickly counted all the remaining blocks of tangerine and frowned her eyebrows as she realised what the end outcome would be.

Rose quickly put the whole of the remaining tangerine into her mouth and smiled widely as she struggled to eat it.

"He loves me!" She said happily as she swallowed.

------> 0o0 <------

When Rose got back to the dining area, she was pleasantly surprised to see Marvolo already seated.

"Hello, Marvolo!" She greeted cheerfully.

"Good Morning, Rose," Marvolo replied, smiling beautifully. "As your significant other, I must ask, did it hurt?"

"When I fell from heaven?" Rose laughed. "I never took you for someone who uses cheesy pickup lines, Marvolo. That's sweet of you, but you don't have to worry with those kinds of lines anymore now that I am your girlfriend-"

"Rose," Marvolo interrupted with a slightly guilty look on his face. "You look lovely as always, but I am afraid you misunderstood my previous statement. What I meant was, did it hurt when you fell walking in. I watched you trip near the kitchen while making your way over here..."

Rose blinked. "Oh." She said as she took a seat opposite to Marvolo to eat breakfast.

"Not really." She replied as she started piling pancakes on her plate.

Marvolo smiled at her as she sat down.

"Honey?" He called out.

"Yes?" Rose answered, looking up to meet his eyes.

Marvolo flushed lightly. "I meant would you like some. I noticed you always seem to drown your pancakes in honey...."

"Right. Thanks." Rose said heavily blushing as she took the offered honey jug from Marvolo and poured some syrupy goodness over her pancakes.

"Sugar?" Rose said.

"Yes?" Marvolo answered with a smirk.

His smirk immediately dropped when he saw Rose's face get all flustered.

"I meant would you like some in your tea," Rose mumbled, her cheeks as red as her name. "You didn't seem to add any today."

Marvolo's light flush became a touch deeper. "Oh. Thank you. Could you add a spoon full?"

Rose nodded as she added the sugar and stirred Marvolo's tea lightly before giving it back to him.

Nagini watched the two of them interact from a distance. She could practically smell the awkwardness in the air. She just sighed tiredly, shaking her head.

"Alright," Marvolo said as he finished eating breakfast. "I have to go a bit early today. I'll be back a little after lunch, so do not worry. If you want, we can have our first date then."

"I would like that," Rose said with a soft smile. "Okay then, Marvolo. I'll walk you out."

Marvolo nodded before offering his hand like a gentleman. Rose gave him a goofy lopsided grin and looped her arm to his. They both walked to the front door in comfortable silence, still trying to take in the fact that they both were actually together...

"So," Rose said a little awkwardly as Marvolo stood below the doorway, ready to apparate. "Have you forgotten anything?"

Marvolo looked thoughtful.

He took a step forward and kissed her lightly on her lips.

"Now," Marvolo replied with a smile. "I have not."

Rose looked flustered again before waving him off. "Yeah, yeah. Go on. Have a nice day. Be safe. Try not to kill too many people!"

Marvolo chuckled. "Alright."

He took out his wand from his holster, ready to apparate when he was attacked by a blonde blur.

"Please be safe," Rose mumbled incoherently as she hugged him. She was tall enough that her chin rested perfectly on his shoulders. "I love you." She said before reluctantly releasing him.

Marvolo smiled at her. "I love you too." He said before kissing her softly on her forehead and apparating away.

Rose smiled as she watched him go and calmly closed the door.

Then everything inside her broke loose as she let out a huge squeal before dramatically falling on the ground.

Nagini looked at Rose's form on the marble floor, where the human girl was still cheerfully smiling; and shook her head lightly.

No matter how much she tried, she would never truly understand two-leggers.