EXTRA 2 ~ meeting the inner circle

"We know what we are, but not what we could be."   -William Shakespeare.

-----------------> ROSE POTTER WAS RECKLESS AND QUITE FRANKLY, DARINGLY STUPID

In theory, she sounded like the ideal Gryffindor.

It wasn't like she meant to be so, she just did. Of course, she would deny such an accusation if ever questioned. But to the handful of people who were aware of our dear Potter Heiress's existence, they would swear up and down that Rose Potter just had a penchant for trouble, similar to the way the Dark Lord had a lust for power.

Rose Potter did not chase after trouble, trouble chased after Rose Potter.

And after hearing Aunt Cissa rant about her father, James Potter, Rose just blamed her ability to create trouble on the thrice-cursed damn Potter luck.

The inner circle of the greatest dark lord of all time were the most bloodthirsty, loyal, influential, powerful, wealthy blood supremacists of Great Britain. Recently, however, a new title had been added to this list- babysitter.

Each of the inner circle had promptly been handed a schedule by Narcissa Malfoy nee Black (under the orders of Lord Voldemort) where they had each been designated a day and time where they had to complete the hardest mission of all- keeping Rose Potter alive and unscathed.

Not even the most loyal second-in-command, Bellatrix Lestrange nee Black had been exempted from the Schedule of Doom, as it would soon be called in the near future.

None of them knew why the Dark Lord not only wanted to keep the precious Saviour alive, but also have her pampered and in excellent health, but they were not going to ask.

An angry Dark Lord is, after all, a murderous Dark Lord.

They assumed that he wanted to turn Rose Potter into a loyal Death Eater via the process of brainwashing, or maybe he wanted to hold her hostage so that the Leader of the Light, one Albus too-many-middle-names Dumbledore can be blackmailed and manipulated into surrendering, and thus winning them the war.

The explanation that most of them had agreed on was that the reason he needed Rosalie Potter in tip-top condition was so that he could use her in a ritual and extract all her powers in the most painful and cruellest way possible. That did sound like something the Dark Lord Voldemort would do.

When it had been their turn to babysit her, they hadn't taken their job too seriously. After all, they would be looking over a seventeen-year-old girl. How hard could it be?

Thus, they had not paid attention to, -or had downright ignored- the carefully detailed set of instructions given to each one of them personally by Lady Malfoy. The dark circles seen under Lord Malfoy's eyes and the look of dilemma the Heir Malfoy seemed to face every time he heard his dear cousin's name had also gone unnoticed.