Chapter 19

"He was her dark fairytale and she was his twisted fantasy and together they made magic." -F.Scott Fitzgerald.

-----------------> WHEN SEVERUS CAME OVER FOR BREAKFAST with his Potion's student and the Dark Lord, he was briefly reminded of a term he read in a muggle history book

Cold War: The term 'Cold War' was first used by Bernard Baruchu, an American Statesman. The Cold War is a state of extreme political unfriendliness between two or more countries although they do not actually fight with each other. In fact, the Cold War was neither a condition of war nor a condition of peace, but rather a state of uneasy peace.

Severus was seated right beside the Dark Lord in the twenty-seater dining table in the Formal Dining Room of the Slytherin Manor.

Rose Potter was seated all the way at the opposite end and was all but stabbing her pancakes with her fork as her emerald eyes were fixed upon the Dark Lord's figure with a glare.

To his credit, the Dark Lord was eating calmly and normally, as he always did. But whenever his eyes met the girl's, there was a flash of anger, disappointment and annoyance that could be seen.

Nagini had coiled herself right in the middle of the table and was sleeping peacefully.

"My Lord," Severus started, breaking the eerie silence. "Nothing new occurred during the meeting last night. Albus Dumbledore knows that you have taken Rose, but he is not aware of your location. His allies and contacts are also unable to find anything."

The Dark Lord nodded and continued to eat his eggs.

That was one of the many things different between the Leader of the Dark and the Girl-who-lived.

The Dark Lord preferred a classic English breakfast- complete with eggs, toast, muffin and bacon. He ate gracefully with poise and elegance. The Dark Lord was able to bottle up his emotions and was able to become a complete statue in terms of feelings.

The girl, on the other hand, preferred sugar- tons of sugar, and Severus couldn't think of a time he had seen her eat a breakfast that did not contain sugar. Rose wore her emotions freely on her sleeves. She could not for the life of her keep them hidden (much like her mother in that sense) and was passionate about even the simplest things.

The two were very much different even in terms of anger.

The Dark Lord was calm, composed and calculating. He was ice, numbing his enemies with a single glare. On the other side of the spectrum, Rose was fiery, hot-headed and spontaneous. She was fire, burning every obstacle in her path. And Severus only hoped that Rose wouldn't go too close to the ice, for it could melt and put out the fire easily by changing forms to become water.

Breakfast was unusually quiet without Rose's happy, cheerful and melodic voice ringing across and the Dark Lord's cool, dry and charming tone responding.