Chapter 25

"It is good to be bad because I have seen good people suffer more." -Amit Choubey

-------------------> "HE'S PLANNING SOMETHING

-------------------> "HE'S PLANNING SOMETHING." Bill Weasley admitted. "He's planning something big, I'm sure of it. Too many of his followers have been coming into Gringotts recently to withdraw money."

"That is not the only thing," Kingsley added. "Someone sent an anonymous tip to Director Bones saying that the prisoners were not given a trial, and you know how Amelia is nothing if not fair. Their lawyers were excellent. Do you remember DeRossie? The lawyers managed to argue him out of Azkaban saying something along the lines of gravity being a natural phenomenon. Not only that, but they also sued the Aurors for defamation and false imprisonment. This is, sadly, one of the many examples of marked and suspected Death Eaters who have gotten extreme leeway or have been downright pardoned from their sentences recently. I agree with Bill, You-Know-Who is planning something big."

"That is what worries me." Albus Dumbledore admitted. He turned to Severus Snape. "Severus, are you aware of Tom's plans?"

Severus shook his head. "As I said earlier, the Dark Lord still does not fully trust me. I am only being informed regarding the raids either as they are happening or after they have occurred. I have been confined to the Potion's Lab, I am afraid."

"Do you think he knows of your true allegiance?" Arthur Weasley asked nervously.

"I am sure that He suspects," Severus said. "But I do not know if he truly knows. One can never be too sure with the Dark Lord."

"I agree," Albus commented. "All the Order members must take caution in doing their work, and please, be careful. With this much silence from Tom, he is bound to be planning something big and I cannot help but worry. Not to mention, Rose Potter's whereabouts are still unknown to us. I hope that Tom is not planning to use her as a bait of some kind and that she is not hurt."

"But what if he does, Albus?" Molly Weasley asked, concern showing on her face. "What if poor Rose is hurt? What if He really is planning to use her as a bargain to bait? Then what?"

"Then I will take it, Molly," Albus said calmly. "James and Lily had entrusted me with their safety, and I failed them. I will not fail Rose as well."

------> 0o0 <------

"What do you think you-know-who is planning, Neville?" Hermione Granger asked curiously.

The 'adults' did not think it was 'good' for them to discuss matters with 'children', so all the members of the Order who still attended Hogwarts were not allowed to sit in on the 'adults' discussions.

It was a Hogsmead weekend, and the 'children' were eager to know any new updates.

Neville Longbottom was the unofficial leader of the group. Plus, Augusta Longbottom always told her grandson everything that they discussed, so Neville knew what was going on.

"Yeah, mate," Ronald Weasley said. "Any news on Rose?"

"They haven't found her yet," Neville told them. "Gran told me that she wasn't there in You-Know-Who's Manor and that she must be hidden in some Death Eater's house instead."

"I still cannot believe they haven't found her yet!" Ginny Weasley exclaimed. "I mean, it's mid-way into October now!"

"I know," Neville said. "But Rose's whereabouts isn't the only thing that is concerning. Notice anything about You-Know-Who's activities in the papers yet?"

"What are you talking about, mate?" Ron asked. "There aren't any."

Hermione Granger gasped as she understood the point Neville was trying to make. "Well that is it, isn't it? There isn't any report of His activities. That can mean only two things. One, He bought or controls the newspaper or-"

"-He's keeping quiet on purpose." Ginny Weasley finished for her, her eyes widening in realisation. "He's giving all of us a false sense of security. He is planning something big."

Neville nodded. "Azkaban prisoners -the ones still held after the breakout- are being released. It surely cannot be a coincidence that a large number of those prisoners are either Death Eaters or sympathisers. He is regrouping."

"We can't just sit back and let this happen!" Ginny said. "We must do something!"

"We will," Neville said. "I've been playing around with the idea of a study group."

Hermione's eyes lit up as Ron groaned.

"We basically make a list of spells, some very useful ones," Neville explained. "And we teach it to everybody- sort of like a club. That way, if He does attack either Hogsmead or Hogwarts or anyplace, we can be prepared. We can fight back."

"That is an excellent idea, Neville." Hermione agreed.

"It sounds great," Ron said.

"It really does," Ginny said. "Good job, Neville."

Neville blushed and mumbled a "Thanks."

"What do we call it?" Ginny asked. "The club, I mean."

"We call it the DA," Neville answered. "Dumbledore's Army. Our response to the Death Eaters."

------> 0o0 <------

"Is everything ready?" Lord Voldemort asked his Inner Circle.

Each of the Inner Circle members stood up to give their respective reports. Every single one of them was wearing smiles throughout the meeting.

"Excellent," Lord Voldemort smiled, his eyes glinting. "In three days, we attack."

Bellatrix Lestrange cackled.