Chapter 30

"Light is easy to love. Show me your darkness." -R.Queen

ONE DAY UNTIL 'THE PLAN' IS EXECUTED:

LONGBOTTOM MANOR:

----------------------> ROSE HAD WOKEN UP at seven in the morning to find a parcel laid beside her on the bed. Curious, she read the note placed on it.

Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well.

There was no signature.

Rose put the note inside her never-ending sling bag and opened the parcel carefully.

A cloak.

The parcel contained a cloak. What was so important and precious about a simple cloak if it was lent to the mystery author of the note by her father? Perhaps the mystery author was cold?

It did not matter. She had something that belonged to her father, and that was all that mattered.

Rose walked to the mirror and tried on the cloak. She was soon surprised to see that part of her body disappear.

It was an invisibility cloak!

She knew from Uncle Lucius that they were very rare and extremely expensive, and if it had been there ever since her father's time, then it was also quite old. It was weird because as far as she knew, invisibility cloaks did not last so long.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror, or lack of, and smirked widely.

The mystery author did not exactly specify what he meant by 'use it wisely'. According to Rose, one of the best ways to use it would be to unleash her mischievous side and wreck havoc. She would think of it as a tribute to her fathers.

Rose smirked once again as she pulled out one of her wands -the Holly one, she had to keep up appearances, after all- and muttered a quick spell that would make all her movement and footsteps silent.

Oh, she was going to have fun.

Looking back from the future, historians would have dubbed this event as a very important one. They would gather around and shake their heads as they discussed this moment. Albus Dumbledore giving Rosalie Potter Black the invisibility cloak was probably one of the stupidest moves on his part and it would basically cost him the war.

------> 0o0 <------

There were screams heard all morning across the Longbottom Manor.

Rose had smirked and mentally cackled each time it was heard, as she calmly sat in the drawing-room reading a book- the same book for which she had gone to the Malfoy Manor in the first place.