Chapter 29

"She wears strength and darkness equally well. The girl has always been half goddess, half hell." -Nikita Gill.

TWO DAYS LEFT BEFORE 'THE PLAN' IS EXECUTED:

7:45pm:

------------------> ROSE THOUGHT BACK TO ONE OF HER FAVOURITE DISNEY MOVIES, The Lion King. Scar put her current feelings and emotions quite well in his statement, "I am surrounded by idiots."

The thing was that although it had only been approximately a day, Rose was already feeling tired of pretending that she didn't know what the hell they were talking about. She knew all about magic, and while most of them would beat her in terms of magical spells and knowledge, she took pride in the fact that she could be victorious against them in magical traditions and etiquette.

After all, they weren't the ones who had spent all that time with Aunt Cissa (who scared her much more than Aunty Bella did, if she was being honest).

You could put literally any piece of seemingly useless and random cutlery in front of Rose, and she would be able to recognise it in a heartbeat. She could differentiate between the dinner fork, the fish fork, the luncheon fork, the salad fork, the seafood fork (and no, fish isn't included in this category apparently), and much more. She could even categorise and recognise the more difficult and specialised forks like the fruit fork, the snail fork, the strawberry fork (because apparently strawberries aren't considered bloody fruits anymore!), the lobster fork and even the ice-cream fork!

The whole sessions were excellent use of her time. (Please note the sarcasm used)

Could this be considered as 'special talents' in resumes? Rose certainly hoped so.

And as she looked around the dining table in the Longbottom Manor where practically everybody had forgotten any semblance of manners that they might have had while eating, Rose thought that this was a rather big and honestly, unpleasant change compared to the quiet, elegant way of dining that she had gotten used to at the Slytherin and Malfoy Manors. Even Dudley had some basic manners that he had made use of during dinner!

In fact, towards the beginning of the dinner, Rose had leaned very much away from Ron Weasley who had for some reason unknown to her, insisted on sitting beside her. This had led her to scoot her chair away from him until her's and Bill's chair were practically attached. Ron Weasley was eating in a way that would put pigs to shame. Aunt Cissa would have been horrified and if she were here, she would have been looking at the red-head in the same way Dowager Augusta Longbottom was presently looking at him.

Although it had only been a day, Rose missed all of them -her family- very much. The light side had thought that she was very much new to the world of magic, and had unknowingly slipped up some very useful information that Rose could not wait to tell Marvolo later.