Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Monsters

The wind blew as he slowly strummed his guitar. My hat flew and continued to swing as the chin straps around my neck extended. I let my curly hair danced with the two hymns united together, his sad music and the wind sympathizing with his emotion.

How could I feel so dreary in this romantic place with the man I loved?

He fixed his eyes on me. I tried to appear pleased and fascinated, but there were times that our eyes betrayed us, he could see through my eyes how conflicted I was. But like what he used to do, he pretended not to notice and continued strumming his guitar.

I turned to look at the sea waves, and I smiled. It was calm and relaxing. I hope it would continue to stay like this, silent and unharmful. But I knew to the fact that as it prolonged its silence, the more force it would burst out.

My Keaton was like the sea, calm outside but too aggravating inside. He was like a ticking bomb that might explode at any moment. And lastly, a block of ice that when I tried to decipher it would melt and change into something else.

My emotions and thoughts were conflicted, afraid that when I tried to help him in his fragile state, I might do something that would turn him into a much worse state.

I wrapped my arms around my legs and hid my face behind my knees, as my gaze never left the sea. I took a few grains of sands and stayed it on my palm. I silently watched it slipped between my fingers and disappeared with the wind.

How I wished that my prince isn't a block of ice locked in his world, but a prince like sand with freedom and peace.

"You'll always stay with me, Shanti..." I turned to look at him again.

Hindi ako umalis sa posisyon kong nakayakap muli sa mga binti ko habang nakatitig sa kanya.

I nodded at him.

As I spend more time with him, I realized that he's been looking for someone to rely on, not just Langston, but a woman that would be willing to wrap her arms around his no matter sharp his ice around him.

It wasn't Autumn, but me.

Ako iyong napili niyang pakitaan ng bagay na hindi niya kayang ipakita sa iba. That behind his tough and intimidating personality was a fragile man who wanted someone that would caress his hair when he's about to explode.

Paano ko masasagot ang problemang ito kung si Keaton din mismo ang siyang kalaban ko?

Tumigil na siya sa pag-gigitara. Akala ko noon ay pagkanta lang ang kaya niya, pero talaga palang hindi lang siya intsik na sobrang gwapo. He's also talented.

Keaton Samonte is a wholesome boyfriend. From his physical appearance, intelligence, talents and status. Medyo kalas nga lang din kung minsan, but all in all kadala-dala pa rin talaga siya sa tabi.

"Pwede pahiram ng gitara? Ako naman."

Tumaas ang kilay niya. "Marunong ka?"

"Hindi... pero balita ko fast learner daw ang mga Mexicana. Teach me..."

"Never heard that news..."

"Narinig mo na ngayon, boss. Palibhasa puro Corona virus ang pinapanuod n'yong balita ngayon ni Langston!"

Keaton rolled his eyes before he opened his arms to welcome me. I crawled on our picnic mat and sat between his legs, his arms wrapped around me with his guitar in front of me.

"Who wouldn't?"

Tipid akong natawa dahil nito lang isang araw ay narinig kong tumawag si Aldus sa kanya at sinabi nito na saka na lang daw nila itutuloy ang lakad nilang dalawa dahil pinagbawalan daw siya ng lolo niya na magtungo sa Enamel dahil marami raw intsik dito.