2.33

THE GIRL SMILES AS SHE HEARS a knock from her door, Chaeyoung quickly stood up in excitement, assuming it was Jimin

a knock from her door, Chaeyoung quickly stood up in excitement, assuming it was Jimin.

“Hey . . . ” But her smile faded seeing Taehyung instead with a bouquet of flowers.

“Tae . . . Uhm, hi.” she greeted and he came in without warning.

“So what do you plan on Valentine's? Should we go overseas? Or maybe have dinner——”

“No. ” she claimed, cutting him off making Taehyung shut up instantly.

“I don't want to do any of those.” the girl paused, hesitating but she thought that she had to end this now.

“Not with you.” she added and Taehyung was confused. “What?”

“Taehyung, I'm sorry. But . . . I——I want to call off the engagement.” she answered.

“All these years, I thought I got over him. But the truth is, I couldn't forget any of our memories. Even if most of it are bad ones.”

“It's Jimin, isn't it? If I never agreed to let you model for his——” Taehyung was about to leave when suddenly Chaeyoung stopped him.

“No. Even if you or I never agreed. Even if I never met him again. Do you think you'd be happy to marry someone who hasn't reciprocate any single feelings for you?” Tears formed in her eyes as her voice cracked.

Taehyung scoffed before chuckling bitterly. “You're so mean, Chaeng. How can you say that? You . . . Haven't had any feelings for me? Then why did you agreed to marry me?”

Tears fell from Taehyung's eyes. Same as Chaeyoung's. “I'm sorry———”

“Don't say sorry! Tell me, why did you agree?” Chaeyoung could see the anger, pain and sadness written on Taehyung's eyes.

“Did you pity me?” Taehyung asked, his voice cracking at the process which made her looked down when her tears fell.

“I know . . . That you'll moved on, Taehyung. You just need time———”

“Well, if you haven't agreed to marry me then I shouldn't have assumed! I shouldn't have thought that you were happy with me. ” he yelled.

“I'm sorry. You have the right to be mad at me. That's why . . . I'm sorry.”

Taehyung sighed in frustration as he stops tears from falling from his eyes. He massages his temples as he couldn't focus on work, remembering how he and Chaeyoung had broken up. But it still wasn't confirmed to the public. Taehyung and Chaeyoung both agreed to tell when the right time comes.

It did hurt him. But he knew about Chaeyoung liking Jimin once again. How?

He was the one who ordered someone to take pictures of Chaeyoung and Jimin.

He could've said something to her.
But for him, hearing it from Chaeyoung hit him to the core.

Taehyung stared at the pictures of Jimin and his love of his life, happy before remembering Chaeyoung's words.

“Do you think you'd be happy to marry someone who hasn't reciprocate any single feelings for you?”

He took the pictures and tore them apart, throwing it to the trashcan. Yes. He was angry and hurt. But he had no plan of hurting Chaeyoung in a way of using the public, even though she had hurt him many times.

His thoughts were interrupted when a knock on the door was heard, as it opens, he furrowed his eyebrows to see Kang Seulgi with a smirk on her face.

“What are you doing here?” Seulgi chuckled as he stood up.

“Well, just want to have a deal with you. What else?” Seulgi walked to him and sat down in front of his desk.

“We both know what is happening with Jimin and Rosie. I know about you and her breaking up, Taehyung.” She added which made Taehyung confuse.

“And what kind of deal are you going for?”

“Expose Rosé and Jimin in exchange for money and more popularity of the company.”

━━━━━━━━

Chaeyoung scrolled through her Instagram account, reading a lot of heartwarming comments after she posted a picture.

But what really made her smile was when a notification of Jimin texting her popped out.

jimin
are you free tomorrow?
let's spend the day together.
it's valentines

Chaeyoung chuckled before answering as butterflies were in her stomach.

rosé
nope I'm not busy.
where do you plan on going?

jimin
that will be a secret.
i'll pick you up at 10

rosé
promise?

jimin
promise. see you. i love you.

Chaeyoung squealed in happiness and stood up, jumping as her heart was beating fast. She looked like she was still a teenager who is enjoying her puppy love with someone.

The next day, the girl woke up early and went shopping for some new clothes to wear with her date with Jimin.

“Are you Rosé? I'm a big fan of you. You're really a great model and singer. Can you please sign my shirt? ” A fan said after walking to her.

“Thank you.” Rosé claimed with a wide smile as she signed the fan's shirt.

“Are you shopping for your date with Taehyung today? Oh, of course. Is that still a question? You're going on a date with him, obviously. When will you two finally get married and have kids?” the fan asked continuously which made Chaeyoung's smile falter.

It hit her. The fact that fans had really shipped them so much. Chaeyoung knew when the news of Taehyung and her breaking up would make the fans have mixed emotions.

As the fan walked away, Chaeyoung quickly bought new clothes and went home as little of her mood was ruined.

━━━━━━━━

As Chaeyoung put on her lipstick, she was all ready for her date with Jimin. She wasn't worried about getting caught at all, after all Jimin said that the place they were going was not public.

But a text popped out from her notifications, seeing a text from her manager. The girl swiped the screen and saw an article. Chaeyoung was confused and curious so she clicked the article.

And her eyes widened when she saw pictures of her and Jimin with a headline entitled ‘Cheater of The Year’