6 ❁ the famous burger 'n' shake

Half-an hour later, Taehyung finally arrived to downtown Seoul. He loved going downtown, it was always filled with different things to do and also a great place to take visually pleasing photos.

To be fair, it was better with friends, not by yourself. So Taehyung was a bit happy to be going with Hoseok and not walking the streets there alone. He decided to text Hoseok that he arrived and would wait up for him near the bus-stop. After half-an hour of shuffling his feet, glancing at the people walking by and checking his no-notification phone, he noticed Hoseok walking up to him.

"Hey cutie? You okay, you look tired?" Hoseok thought as he noticed the pink rims on Taehyung's eyes and the dark circles suddenly appearing under them. Taehyung hoped it wasn't too obvious that he had been crying but nevertheless he shrugged at him and gave him a shy glance.

"Yeah a little bit, but it's okay, I'm happy to be here with you." Taehyung insisted as Hoseok gave a pout and nudged him. "I'm excited too cutie. So where you wanna go? Wanna go Burger 'n' shake? I have a voucher, 40% off meals." Hoseok suggested as he rummaged his coat for his vouchers.

Taehyung wasn't really that fond of the burger 'n' shake, probably because more than seventy percent of the people in his high-school went there after school and those people were the last people he wanted to see.

"Uh y-yeah sure." Taehyung stammered forcing a small smile, Hoseok nodded as he took Taehyung's hand in his in which Taehyung felt his chest hitch. His body froze as he cluelessly followed Hoseok into the burger restaurant. His eyes scanned the people in there, he saw a few familiar places and even noticed Namjoon, Rose, Jeongguk and their other friends at one booth too. Great. Just great.

"Uh, Hoseok? Do you think we could go somewhere else? There's a really nice steak restaurant opposite." Taehyung insisted as Hoseok stopped walking and looked in Taehyung's eyes. "Streak? I mean they have beef here it's practically the same thing." Hoseok chuckled light-heartedly, Taehyung pressed his lips together as he looked at Hoseok.

"Plus these 40% vouchers expire today, it's my last chance to use them." Hoseok thought as Taehyung nodded, forcing a smile on his face as he looked at the attractive boy. "Okay then, no worries." Taehyung insisted as he followed Hoseok to one of the empty booths.

"Uh, what are you thinking to eat?" Taehyung wondered as Hoseok glanced at the menu. "Ehh, probably a beef and bacon burger and fries nothing too biggie." Hoseok explained sweeping some of his dark black hair away from his smooth forehead.

Taehyung nodded giving a smile at him. "That's a good choice, I'll probably go for that too." He replied as he looked over the menu again.

After ordering food from the waitress, they sat at the table and ate their burgers and drinks. "Hey, they forgot our shakes." Hoseok remembered, brows furrowed as he noticed the lack of drink to accompany their meal.

"Oh yeah, they did, I'll go collect them." Taehyung suggested as he got up from their booth, he walked over to the counter and asked one of the ladies for their shakes. Suddenly, he felt a presence beside him and realised it was Jeongguk reaching out for straws and napkins.

"Don't even bother look at me." Taehyung muttered while watching the staffs in the kitchen, Jeongguk scoffed grabbing a sufficient amount to his liking. "Wasn't planning to idiot. Oh, however, as we are on the topic of idiocy, I heard that I have to teach you geometry on Monday—"

"I'm not an idiot okay! Usually I'm good at Maths I've just been busy lately hence why I've been failing. So shut up. And I don't need you teaching me shit, in fact don't even speak to me the entire trip. If it was down to me I wouldn't go but Mr.Lee is threatening to put it on my report and bring my parents in to discuss it." Taehyung said annoyedly, he glanced at Jeongguk who had a deadpan expression on his face as he looked at him. "You done?" Jeongguk said boredly.

Taehyung gave a vicious glare at him before smiling gently at the woman who apologised about their delayed shakes, he carefully took them from her hands. "I fucking hate you." Taehyung ranted to Jeongguk, not looking in his eyes. He then began to say distasteful words to himself about Jeongguk as Jeongguk watched him walk away with him and Hoseok's drinks in each hand.

Jeongguk chuckled licking his lips as he watched Taehyung walk past him and to his booth.

Taehyung then placed their drinks down on the table as Hoseok looked up at him. "What was that about? You talking to that guy over there?" Hoseok wondered as Taehyung placed himself opposite to him again.

"Who Jeongguk? Oh, don't mind him. I fucking hate him. He's literally the worse guy ever. He outed me in middle-school 'cause he's just a horrible person. And the worse part is he is my study buddy on Monday, oh, I forgot to say. I'm being sent to a study farm because I failed my geometry test." Taehyung sighed as he mixed his pink milkshake, the whipped cream changing the shade to lighter.

"You failed geometry cutie?" Hoseok said, brows furrowed as he looked at him. "Yeah, only once. I don't usually fail." Taehyung said, his voice trailing away softly. "Wow, I'm in AP for all my subjects. I couldn't imagine failing... I wanna go to Seoul University when I leave high school." Hoseok explained as he chucked some fries in his mouth. Taehyung gave a smile. "Wow, Seoul University? I heard you need a GPA of at least 4.0 to go there." Taehyung said eyes widened as he looked at Hoseok, Hoseok shrugged.

"It's not that big of a deal cutie, it's easy to get a GPA of 4.0, just gotta study and have a good mindset." Hoseok replied. "Yeah, I suppose." Taehyung said forcing another smile as he looked at Hoseok, cheeks flushing pink. "Anyways, what was your first impression of me?" Hoseok wondered as he had a few sips of his milkshake.

"Mhm, you seem very confident and you are really good-looking, that's the first thing I noticed when you entered the class." Taehyung thoughts shyly as Hoseok laughed lightly, placing his glass down. "People always say that about me, that I'm confident. I try my best. And good-looking, Mhm I'll take that compliment." Hoseok said as Taehyung gave another light smile.

"But what part did you find good-looking, the hair? Face?" Hoseok wondered, very much intrigued with Taehyung's response. "Uh, both I'd say. You have really nice hair and your face structure is really perfect." Taehyung said, feeling a little bored of this conversation as Hoseok smiled widely nodding his head.

"Yeah, thanks cutie, I'm probably gonna get my hair re-touched tomorrow I have this hair stylist and he's amazing, a little expensive however." Hoseok said as Taehyung nodded realising his phone was pinging. Taehyung furrowed his brows as he glanced over at the messages.

[next chapter: 1317 words]