35 ❁ purple

The following Monday, Taehyung was quite anxious to go back to school, but he knew that his friends and Jeongguk of course, would help his day go as smoothly as possible.

It wasn't until Jeongguk heard Jin and a student named Kai, chatter about Taehyung's situation in his AP English class.

It completely exasperated Jeongguk because they had no idea what they were even talking about.

"I heard that Taehyung's parents abandoned him and he's gonna be homeless soon." Jin explained to Kai as they both began to chuckle amongst each other.

"How the fuck did that manage to happen?" Kai laughed. The bell then rang for dismissal. "I dunno bro, that's guys life is super problematic, everyday is drama with him."

Jeongguk annoyedly placed his books in his bags as he followed them out of the class.

"Hey!" he shouted, in which they both turned their heads to stare at Jeongguk with a confused expression on their faces.

"I heard you guys talking about Taehyung in English..." Jeongguk said, his eye's narrowed at them. "Okay, and?" Kai replied bluntly.

"And, you need to stop because you don't know anything about him. So mind your business and shut up, it's that simple." Jeongguk replied, he glared at the both of them. However, the boy's just looked at each other and started to chuckle.

Jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows at them before letting out a snigger. "Wait... do you think I'm joking?"

"I can get my brother, and all his people on you." The younger sneered at Kai before harshly pinning him to the wall, the others in the hallway watched the confrontation in awe.

Jimin and Taehyung were laughing with each other at the hallway until they noticed the commotion.

"What's going over there?" Jimin wondered furrowing his brows. "Probably another hallway fight—"

"Wait." Jimin said nudging Taehyung's arm. "Isn't that Jeongguk?"

Taehyung noticed it was, and suddenly his heart pounded as he rushed over to the crowd.

"Huh, what the hell is going on here?" Namjoon asked, he pulled Jeongguk off Kai. Kai flattened the top part of his coat that Jeongguk managed to crumple up.

Taehyung furrowed his brows as he saw Jeongguk surrounded by a few people in the distance. He quickly hurried to the scene as he brushed past the people watching. He noticed Jeongguk being restrained by Namjoon.

"Gguk? Gguk, what happened are you okay?" Taehyung asked, he gently pulled Jeongguk by his waist away from Namjoon and realised the very angry expression on his face.

"Look, we're sorry okay? We didn't mean any harm." Jin assured, realising the uproar he caused.

"I swear Jin if you ever speak about him again and that's a threat." The younger hissed moving from Taehyung to approach the boy closely, Jin gulped looking rather intimidated from Jeongguk's presence and fiery eyes.

"Gguk please, stay calm." The older said to him, trying to relax the boy down while Jeongguk carried on glaring at Jin and Kai, his fists clenched.