34 ❁ sunsets

When they finally arrived at Hwasa's house, Hwasa and Jeongguk had some lunch in her kitchen as Hwasa's mother wanted to speak with Taehyung privately

"How are you feeling Taehyung?" His aunt asked him, the sat opposite each other on the sofa. Two cups of tea accompanying them on a table. Her lips pressed each other as she looked in the boy's eyes.

"M'not really sure how to feel to be honest." He mumbled, pinning his eyes to his lap.

"Me neither." She sighed.

"I'm sorry aunt Chan, but what you did was really wrong." The older croaked, tears leaking from the corner of his eyes. His aunt absently stared at him.

"I-I had so much evidence that he killed her, I was gonna report him to the police when I felt like I could ,and you flee him to Italy? He deserves to rot in a cell for the rest of his life, not live in Italy where people will think he's just a normal person." The younger disputed, narrowing his eyes at the woman.

"He is normal Taehyung, he's not some kind of serial killer!"

Taehyung scoffed, shocked by the absurdity of what his aunt was saying to him right now. He shook his head, he was about to leave the couch.

"Are you hearing yourself? He murdered my mother, I'm not going to live with someone who thinks killing my mother is normal--"

"Taehyung, please stop!" She cried, pulling him back. his aunt Chan, now had tears rolling down her cheeks. "I don't excuse him murdering your mother, I don't. He isn't normal you're right Jeon, but he's also my brother."

Taehyung could see the pain in his aunt's eyes but he glanced his eyes to the carpet instead. He wiped the tears he could feel falling down his own cheeks.

"He's my brother and it'll pain me to see him go to priso for the rest of his life."

"And it pains me to know that he's still out there aunt Chan, don't you get it? D-doesn't my mom deserve justice to you?" The olde wept. His aunt chan gently cupped her hands in his.