18 ❁ warming hugs

After, Taehyung gathered all the evidence he needed on his phone, him and Jeongguk cleared up any proof they were in his fathers room. They locked the door making sure to put every key back in the pot, before returning it downstairs.

"Thank you so much for helping me Gguk." The older said, he passed him a cold glass of juice, vanilla yogurt and a chocolate chip cookie from his kitchen. He realised that the younger must've been hungry, all this time.

"It's alright." Jeongguk said softly, he sat on the bar stool and started to eat the food.

Taehyung glanced at the boy who scooped a spoon of vanilla yoghurt to his mouth. His eyes then pinned at a notification on his phone screen.

...

"Oh... Tomorrow, they're having an anniversary thing for my mother at her old workplace. One of her colleagues asked if I could come with my dad." Taehyung said letting out a chuckle, but it was dry and wryly. He bit bottom lip re-reading the message on his phone to himself.

"You can't go with him, he shouldn't even be going." Jeongguk bushed his eyebrows as he now ate the chocolate cookie feeling a bit uncomfortable that Taehyung's father was a murderer and yet, living in this house as a free man.

"I know, but I won't tell them about him. I can just go." Taehyung said, texting his mother's colleague back on the phone, Jeongguk glanced at him.

...

"Do you want to go alone?"

Taehyung tilted his head up at him, the older shrugged his head. "I don't mind." Taehyung said gently.

"Would you like me to come with you?" Jeongguk wiped the cookie crumbs from the corner of his face. Taehyung's eyes lit up at the boy, which made Jeongguk smile.

"Really? A-are you sure you wouldn't mind?"

"Of course not, if you want me to." Jeongguk nodded his head straight away.

"Yes please, Thank you so much! It's between lesson times, but we can make our way back to school afterwards." Taehyung assured Jeongguk who nodded his head.

"That's fine, Tae."

He was happy that he could make the older feel better to have someone with him, for emotional support. "Well, I better get home, before your dad comes in. Will you be okay?" Jeongguk wondered, sliding himself down from the stool.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, I have been for this long." Taehyung sighed, curving his lips to a small smile.

Jeongguk nodded biting his bottom lip, he looked at the younger. Jeongguk had known him for years, but not like this. Ever.

Suddenly, Taehyung went over to him and fell in his chest. Jeongguk didn't hesitate to drape his arms around him giving a smile, his body warming up as their bodies attached like two magnets in the hug.

It was a loving, warming hug that he didn't expect from Taehyung at the moment, but Jeongguk didn't complain. He wasn't going to complain.

The older could simply stay in Jeongguk's arms, he could close his eyes and sleep in them.

He didn't want him to let go, his warmth and aroma made Taehyung's heart beat like the loudest drum as he evidently got rather shy once they decided to depart from each other. Taehyung then draped his arms around Jeongguk's neck, Jeongguk's chest twitched as his arms circled his waist.