4 ❁ recipes for disaster

It was now the end of the school day luckily, and excitement was an understatement for Taehyung since he got the new boy's number, maybe was about to meet up with him today. It's not like he had much plans, but then he wasn't about to let his guard down so easily, no matter how attractive Hoseok may be.

As he walked along the corridor, he noticed his Geometry teacher stop him, his arm reaching out to prevent Taehyung from walking any further. "Ah, Ah, Ah not too fast Kim Taehyung." Mr.Lee said as he adjusted his glasses to the bridge of his nose, he passed Taehyung a letter once the boy had stopped.

"Huh? Study camp?" Taehyung said confusedly, brows bushed as he stared at the words printed on the letter.

"You've been underachieving in your maths exam, you scored 58/100." Mr.Lee explained,
he watched Taehyung's eyes burn at the piece of paper. "58? That's like what? One score off a C?" Taehyung wondered as he looked back at his teacher who now leaned on the wall, a cup of brew in his hands.

"Have you remark—"

"Yes Taehyung, I re-marked it three times and it's still a D. Just like how you asked me to remark your last math exam a month ago and it still was a D. You know, remarking should not be your goal Taehyung. Scraping C's in your classes should not be your goal. You're better than this, last semester you were getting straight A's and B's. What happened?" Mr.Lee asked him, a tone of disappointment in his voice as Taehyung could smell his annoying coffee breath beside him.

He didn't know what happened, life happened. And so he started underachieving. Not on purpose, but he just wasn't at the best of mindsets at times, not with how things were going on at home.

"I don't know." Taehyung muttered, scratching the side of his head as his heart began to thumb like the loudest drum.

"Well this study camp should help you to get on the right tracks again. You've been assigned a study partner who will help you with your maths, you can learn from them. Also this farm trip will help you to learn more about your study partner, it's a great program actually."

Assigned study partner at camp: Jeon Jeongguk.

Pfft, You had to be kidding me.

"Jeon Jeongguk? Is gonna be my study buddy?" Taehyung gulped, nausea crashing his stomach lining as he re-read the last sentence of the letter over and over and over again in hopes that it would just change to another persons name. But nope, it was there in the clearest font ever. Jeon fucking Jeongguk.

"Yes, he's in AP for all his classes and he scored A* in all the mathematical exams. Having Jeongguk as your study partner will be extremely beneficial for you than any other student actually—"

"B-but why him? Y-you don't understand, Mr.Lee me and Jeongguk do not get along, like at all. Please, there has to be a way you can assign me with another achieving student."

"Taehyung I have already planned out who will be assigned for who in this study camp. Jeongguk will be the most suitable for you. Okay? Now make sure you bring enough clothes, we're leaving to head to the farm on Monday at five pm, we'll be back at Seoul for Thursday all the information is on the letter." Mr.Lee explained as Taehyung sighed, perspiration seeping through his skin.

"And make sure you attend Taehyung, you do not want this going down on your report as an absence and on top of no attendance, your parents will have to come in to discuss your grade." Mr.Lee added. Great. Just when Taehyung was literally about to skip it.

A good day just ended up being one of the worse days ever. He just had to pray that Jeongguk found out he had Taehyung as his study partner and would decide to not attend. Or else, this was about to be a recipe for disaster.

[next chapter: 830 words]