FIFTEEN

The swords clashed again and again as their yielders danced a dangerous dance, twirling and moving to the side, jumping if need be, to avoid the other's attack or to counter it. Both of them were focused as they fought, paying no heed to the sun that had risen fully about half an hour ago or the gentle breeze of the wind that blew their hair in all directions.

Homura let Suki's sword pass by her just barely as she cast her own attack, bringing Suki to jump away from the sword before she replied in a similar fashion. Homura blocked it, putting all of her weight forward as Suki did the same. Their eyes clashed along with their swords. Homura sent her a wink. Suki's eyes widened just as Homura pushed forward even more than before. With a gasp, Suki lost her balance and Homura put her own foot behind her, aiding her fall. Suki fell with a thud. Homura straightened up with a smirk.

"Am I not merciful?"

"You just love tripping me," Suki huffed as she pushed herself up and sent her a glare. Homura only smiled.

"I won, though. I'm finally back in shape."

"Back in shape?" She turned to the side as she noticed Aang had gotten in the training grounds along with a sleepy Katara, Sokka, Ty Lee, Toph and Zuko following after them. "What happened? Why weren't you in shape before?"

"I got burned in a pursuit of a thief," she explained as she turned to face him, gesturing to her shoulder. "I'm feeling better now."

"You got burned?" His eyes widened at once as he reached forward and gently moved her shirt to the side, completely missing the wide-eyed look Sokka and Zuko exchanged at Aang's straightforward movement. At his short intake of breath, she realised he had seen it. He looked up once more. "Can't Katara-"

"No," she cut in with a small shrug as she walked away. "I'll survive, Aang."

"Yeah," Ty Lee piped in, "she's gotten burnt before."

"Doesn't mean getting burnt a second time is easier than the first," Zuko pointed out with a small sigh. Homura instantly met his gaze, unable to not smile as he held it. It really seemed like kissing his cheek last evening hadn't changed their relationship. She was grateful.

"Get on with it," Toph called out as she sat down beside Katara. Ty Lee let out a small shriek of excitement as she sat down on Katara's other side, and slowly, Homura sat down beside her.

"What's going on?"

"Aang wanted to train with Zuko," Ty Lee explained as Suki and Sokka walked over as well and sat down to watch. As Aang and Zuko took off their shirts, Sokka whistled. He turned to them with a smirk.

"They're a work of art aren't they, ladies?"

Suki rolled her eyes as Ty Lee giggled, Homura smiled and Katara blushed. Toph grinned.

"I'm with Zuko!"

"And we've got fangirl number one for Zuko!"

Homura couldn't help but laugh at his comment as Aang sent a swift glare at Sokka. Zuko, on the other hand, was laughing as he turned to Toph.

"I won't let you down, Toph."

"I know you won't."

"That's getting ridiculous, I'm the Avatar and today is a celebration about me and I don't have more supporters than Zuko? You aren't being fair!"

"Don't worry Aang," Katara called out, "Sokka and I are with you!"

Sokka's smirk widened. "I never said that."

Aang rolled his eyes as he turned to face Zuko. They got into a fighting stance, their fists raised in front of each other. Homura looked between them, tense, anticipating their first move. Aang attacked at once.