Chapter 1

Now: 21 years old

"Hello, there sweetheart. What's a pretty little thing like you doing here?" I looked over to see a guy looking me up and down. I internally rolled my eyes. Like, really? Way to be fucking obvious about your intentions with me.

I put on a fake smile that I've perfected over the years. "Well, I don't know. I guess I'm just waiting for a nice guy to buy me a drink." I winked at him. Eww. Although he's fairly good looking and is definitely packing a footlong by the look of his skinny jeans, I'm just not feeling it tonight.

He gave me a smirk and called the bartender over. "Excuse me, sir, a piña colada for the beautiful lady here." He said, smiling politely.

I tipped my fingers up, grabbing the bartender's attention. "Actually, I would like a few shots of vodka please." I gave him an actual smile because hey, I'm not a total bitch. I would definitely need these shots for what I was about to do with Mr. Subway over here. And something told me that I will not be eating fresh. I looked over at his exposed veins in his arms. I grimaced, he's a fucking druggie.

I downed the three shots even though I was well past the point of being drunk. "Let's go Subway." I grabbed his arm, pulling him outside the bar and around to an alleyway. I pushed him up against the brick wall.

"You're so fucking hot." He said before his mouth descended onto mine. I mean, he wasn't wrong. I had on a short, black dress with high heels. It went perfectly with my long, sleek blonde hair and blue-green eyes. I had on mascara, eyeliner, and red lipstick that would definitely be ruined after this. And I'm not talking about from making out either.

I pulled my mouth away from his as I looked deeply into his eyes. "I'm really hungry," I said in a sultry voice as I held his gaze. "Feed me?" He nodded his head eagerly. "Will you be quiet for me?" I confirmed because damn, I would really hate to kill a guy....again.

My lips tilted into a smirk as I kissed his neck...before sinking my teeth in. I felt the warm liquid of blood fill my mouth as I drank eagerly. I moaned from the taste of it. I soon pulled back before I did any real damage.  

As much of a bitch that I am, I don't kill humans. They're practically harmless to me. But I am a bitch for pushing my hand into his pocket and pulling out his wallet. "Well thank you for the drinks..." I looked down at his driver's license. "Grant. Sorry, but I'm gonna take this. I hope you understand." I told him before taking out all of his cash, which was a lot. 

I guess the guy was planning on getting some drugs later. I internally fist bump at my guess that he was a drug addict as I pulled some weed from his other pocket. I looked back into his eyes. "Forget everything that happened tonight. And for the love of God, please quit picking up girls from bars and be a decent guy." I finished compelling him as I walked away, wiping away the blood that was leftover on my mouth.

I felt myself begin to stumble as I walked back towards the entrance of the bar. I figured that I could get another guy in for the night. I don't usually give every guy blue balls. I mean, most nights, I bring a guy back to my hotel room, before I either kill them or compel them to get the hell out of dodge.

I stumbled again and had to rest my hand against the brick wall of the bar. What the fuck? Okay, I know I didn't have that much to drink. Oh, shit. I facepalmed myself. The guy. He had drugs other than weed in his system. I groaned, knowing that I could be on any form of drugs right now. That's the downside of drinking blood. It could be laced with god knows what.

I smelled something so divine at that moment that it snapped me out of my high momentarily. It smelled like a mix between spring water and pine needles, but in a really musky and good way. I looked up locking eyes with a man who had to be at least 6'4. He had medium brown hair that was scruffy looking. Almost like a dog's scruffy fur. Shit, he's a werewolf all right. 

Oh, fuck. He's coming this way. I turned around and took off around the alleyway. Fuck me being high, I was not going to be taken like a damn fugitive by my own mate. I shook my head. Fuck to the no. I technically haven't even dated a guy. There is no way in hell that I will be taken hostage by one.

I stumbled a little in my high heels. I guess the drugs didn't get the memo that we are currently trying to get away from our already overprotective mate. Werewolves are the worst when it comes to mating. They'll basically be waiting on you, hand and foot for the rest of your lives.  

That's what most girls would want. Not me. I can take care of myself, I thought to myself before falling onto the paved sidewalk and scraping my knees in the process. 

I try to get back up before falling again. What the actual fuck did that guy take? I wonder as I try to get up but I know that I probably look like a newborn deer right now.

I feel warm hands grip onto my arms gently before helping me up. I could feel sparks shoot through my arm at the feeling of his hands on me. I would have knocked him off if my body would physically let me. I was basically like a dead fish in that moment. If this guy wasn't my mate then I'd be freaking out right about now. But I know that he wouldn't let anything happen to me.    

"Come on baby girl, I got you. You shouldn't be out here all alone. What did you take?" I could hear the worry lined in his voice as he looked over me in a non-sexual way. I gazed up at him and hot damn. Even in my drugged up state, I could tell that he was made like a Greek god.

I looked at him and slurred as I said, "You gonna kidnap me, big man?"

He laughed loudly which sent a warm feeling to my core. I quickly ignored my body's urge to fuck him right here in this alleyway. "No, I'm not going to kidnap you. I know this doesn't make sense but I feel like I know you and I just want to help." I internally bashed my head against a steel door because what the hell was that kind of line? 'I feel like I know you', give me a break. "My name's Everett." He gave me a panty-dropping smile. Nope. There will be no panty-dropping tonight, I told myself sternly.

I felt myself getting lighter and lighter before I finally closed my eyes and allowed the darkness to come. Except, all that I could see was the smiling werewolf with the most delicious brown eyes that I have ever seen.

What do you guys think so far? Are you excited to meet all the guys? I think Everett will be a lot of people's favorite.