Chapter 25

Atticus's POV

     Rose's scream startles me and Axel out of our thoughts as we rush towards the sound. We were surrounded by more guards than before as we released everything we had pent up inside of us. The only thing on my mind at the moment was Rose.

     We approached just at the moment Rose sent her magic out and into her mother, momentarily blinding us with its power. We stumbled back as Rose's mother's screams echoed throughout the room, silencing everything in its path.

      Luckily, Axel was able to react faster than me and caught Rose's unconscious body before she hit the floor. It was at that moment that we noticed Everett's body slumped nearby. I looked over, making sure Rose was okay before going to Everett's side.

     He grunted in pain as a silver dagger was lodged into his chest, luckily, nowhere near his heart. I let out a sigh of relief. "I may not be fucking dead but this shit hurts," Everett grunted in pain as he tried to glare at me.

     I shook my head and looked back over to Axel and Rose. "We need to get the fuck out of here, now," I said firmly. I was not going to take any chances with my mate's life. I looked down towards her slightly bigger stomach. I couldn't even believe what I was seeing, she's pregnant. I'm going to be a dad. I smiled, just thinking about it. But this wasn't the time to be thinking about our future. We needed to think about the present and how best to get our mate to safety.

     I helped Everett up as we made our way over to Axel as he picked up Rose. I looked down towards Rose's mother. Except, I technically wasn't really looking at her since she was burnt to a crisp, leaving her ashes spread across the floor.

     "I just mind linked the pack and they should round up the rest of our people," Everett said, grunting in pain and looking slightly paler. I could tell that he was trying to hide the extent of his injury from us but it was evident just by the look of pain on his face.

     I nodded my head looking over at Axel holding our girl in his arms. "Let's go then," I said before we moved as one down the hallway and out of the building. It seems that there were hardly any living souls still inside the building that belong to the council.

     Once outside, we were able to teleport ourselves out of there since the wards only surrounded the inside of the building. I made sure to teleport us to one of the supernatural hospitals that lie in between our three territories.

     Immediately upon entering, we were rushed into a room that housed two separate beds. Everett fussed about not being by Rose's side but it was clear that he was losing a lot of blood. Doctors worked on Everett as me and Axel stood next to Rose's bed, watching nurses set up IVs for Rose.

     The needle going into Rose's arm made a small noise come from her as she scrunched her eyes in pain. I growled as I glared at the two female nurses. "Be careful, you're hurting her. That's your luna right there."

     The two nurses gulped, eyes wide. "Yes, alpha."

     I felt a hard elbow go into my side as Axel looked at me with raised eyebrows and amused expression. "Seriously, man? I mean, I expect that from me but from you?" He shook his head and laughed before looking back down at Rose. "She would have gotten a kick out of that."

     I smiled while looking down at her affectionately as I placed my hand softly on her belly. My eyes watered slightly as I took in a shaky breath. "I can't believe we're going to be dads."

--------------------------------------

Everett's POV

     I'm not gonna lie, being stabbed by a silver dagger hurts like a bitch. My wolf howls in pain, not only from the dagger but for our mate too. I look over seeing Rose's unconscious body laying on the hospital bed next to mine.