Chapter 20

Rose's POV

     "Rose? Rose? Rose?!" I opened my eyes looking around the room. Except I wasn't in the concrete room anymore, but back in the log cabin. "Roe, thank god." I looked behind me as Atticus stood, looking relieved.

     I furrowed my eyebrows. "Atticus? What-What's going on? Where are we?" I asked, looking around at the familiar surroundings but it was almost like it was covered in a fog or mist.

     "In a dreamscape." I raised an eyebrow at him. "I've practiced it since I was younger. Me and my brother would infiltrate the rest of the coven's dreams and mess around with them," He said chuckling. "This isn't real, you're still asleep, but we're able to talk freely here."

     I looked at him sadly and whispered, "I miss you guys."

     "Trust me, baby. We miss you more," Atticus said looking at me with love in his eyes. "Do you know where you are?"

     I nodded my head. "Yeah. They brought me to the council experimental unit of the headquarters." Atticus looked slightly scared. "It's weird though. They're treating me better than last time. I don't know what their end game is but it can't be good."

     "Okay, can you tell me where this headquarters is at?"

     I nodded my head. "I remember it from when I escaped last time. It's in the outer regions of all three of the species' territories." I shook my head, trying to remember the street name. "Grey building on Highland Street."

     "Okay, hang in there, Roe. We're coming for you," He said, before backing up and disappearing into the mist.

-------------------------------------

     I woke up to another strange day where the same old lady would come in, bringing me breakfast. "Excuse me, ma'am?" I asked the lady who returned me a brightening smile.

     "Yes, dear?"

     "Umm, what's going on?" It's as if the question just went over her head as she smiled at me, not moving a muscle.

     She blinked her eyes, snapping her out of her trance. "I hope that you enjoy the food."

     I looked warily at the door that she just walked out of. What the actual fuck is going on here?

------------------------------------------

Atticus's POV

     After visiting Rose in the dreamscape, I wake up immediately. Both Everett and Axel were sitting next to me as I looked at them and smiled. "She said she's on Highland Street, the grey building." I was so proud of my girl for figuring this bit of information out. It already completed one part of the problem. The other, is how the hell do we get in there?

     "We have to ask for help from our people," Axel said, saying the one answer that I was slightly dreading.

     I nodded my head in agreement. "We have to overthrow the council. Rose was not in the wrong when killing the alphas. The council is obviously doing unethical experiments on their prisoners."

     "They can't get away with it. Who knows how many other people they're doing this too," Everett said, looking concerned.

     I was beyond scared for Rose. I know that she's a tough chick but that doesn't mean that I'm not worried about her. Who knows what they'll do to her. We packed our stuff up as we teleported to my coven since they'll be the hardest to convince.