Chapter 6

Rose's POV

     After laying in the four-person bed for almost an hour, I decided to go and take a shower. I walked into the master bathroom and whistled. Damn, this place is huge. I quickly stripped my clothes as I turned the shower onto the hottest setting. I mean, doesn't everyone like to take showers that feel like it could melt your skin off?

     I reached for a shampoo bottle as I let my hair get thoroughly wet. I then put an unnecessary amount onto the palm of my hand as I inhaled the manly scent. I shrugged, it didn't matter as long as it did what it's supposed to do. I finished my shower routine and stepped out of the shower onto the tiled bathroom floor. I made sure that my hair was dried enough as I wrapped the towel around my body.

     I stepped back into the bedroom as I made my way to the closet. I nearly jumped out of my skin as I saw Axel standing in the doorway of the bedroom. "Fucking hell. Give a girl a warning next time," I said, subconsciously gripping the towel closer to my body.

     He stalked towards me like a predator while his eyes were filled with lust and a little bit of anger. But how the fuck would I know what this guy is feeling though? He stood just a few inches in front of me while he licked his lips. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for acting like a dick earlier. I shouldn't have said that to you." He gave me a small smile as he looked at my near-naked state. "I hope this becomes your new attire in the bedroom." He said, playing with the edges of my towel, that landed mid-thigh.

     I gulped suddenly feeling nervous at our close proximity. For some reason, these guys made me feel like a total virgin. I pushed those thoughts and feelings away as I stared into Axel's blue eyes before flicking my gaze to his lips. "Well, I much prefer no clothing in the bedroom," I teased before dropping my towel.

     I watched his adam's apple move as he swallowed, his eyes dilating into a lust-filled storm. He looked down at my naked body, focusing particularly longer on my breasts and perfectly shaved nether region. "You're fucking killing me, Princess," He said, in a sex-laced voice, his teeth elongating a bit. I felt heat pulse to my core as I grew wetter.

     I raised up onto my tippy toes, making sure to brush my naked breasts against his clothed chest. I leaned into his ear and whispered, "Yeah, well, you're still a dick though." I pulled back and quickly kissed him on the cheek before turning to the closet, and closing the door behind me. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face as I heard him grumbling as he left the bedroom. He just makes it too easy.

-----------------------------------------

Axel's POV

     Fucking hell. I still couldn't wrap my head around what just went down. I had paced around the living room for over an hour, finally deciding to go up to the master bedroom to apologize to Rose. I know that I can be a dick sometimes, and I often take it out on those around me. It's just hard going through life not being able to trust anyone to now being responsible for someone else's life.

     I heard the shower going when I entered the room, so I just decided to wait on her. Technically this is our bedroom so it's not totally rude of me to enter without her permission. I mean, she's my fucking mate for crying out loud. Before she even entered the room, I could smell my shampoo and conditioner on her. Is it bad that I liked that she picked mine out of the other guys?

     I felt my eyes widen slightly as my little blonde mate walked out in only a towel. She looked so peaceful and beautiful at that moment. I wished that she could feel that at ease when she's around us. I can't help but feel that she's keeping her guard up when she's around other people.

     She glanced over at me and slightly jumped which made me internally smile because she's not always on high alert as she wants us to think. "Fucking hell. Give a girl a warning next time," She said as she gripped her towel tighter.

     I walked towards her slowly trying to remember why I came up here in the first place. I stopped right in front of her as I licked my lips, a nervous habit of mine. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for acting like a dick earlier. I shouldn't have said that to you." I gave her a small, rare smile. I looked down at her small towel as I played with the fringed edges resting on her bare thighs. "I hope this becomes your new attire in the bedroom." I joked, liking to see her slightly embarrassed at the position that we were in.

     I watched as her eyes held mine before flickering to my lips. God, what I would do to have her lips on mine right now. She held my gaze confidently before dropping her towel. "Well, I much prefer no clothing in the bedroom."

     I swallowed, my eyes subconsciously zoning in on her exposed skin as they filled with no doubt, a hungry lust. I've never seen a woman look so beautiful and confident as she did. "You're fucking killing me, Princess," I said, exposing my own desire for her. And why the hell do I always call her Princess? I don't even mean it as an insult half the time.

     My breath caught as she leaned into my ear and whispered, "Yeah well, you're still a dick though." She laid a gentle kiss on my cheek before she closed herself in the walk-in closet, leaving me stunned. Holy hell. Something tells me that I won't be able to keep up my asshole tendencies while she's around.

     I walked downstairs still muttering obscenities at the hard-on she left me with as I walked into the living room with the other guys watching tv. Atticus lifted his head up off the recliner, looking at me with an amused expression. "What's got you so wound up?" He said with a smirk as he could see my still tented up pants.

     "Our little mate likes to put on a show," I muttered as I grabbed a beer from the fridge and sat down on the couch.

     "She's beautiful," Everett said quietly.

     I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Everett, we know that you're in love with the psychotic witch currently living in our bedroom upstairs. Oh, wait. It's not our bedroom anymore now is it?" I said, taking a gulp of the ice-cold beer.

     Everett clenched his teeth. "You know, maybe she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed because she doesn't fucking know us, Axel," He said, hand tightening around his beer.

     I scoffed, getting pissed off. "Fuck that. You do realize that she's probably had one-night stands before right? Not everyone saves themselves for their mates, Everett."

     Before we could tear each other's throats out, Rose's voice interrupted us. "Wow. You came to apologize for being a dick, and yet, not ten minutes have gone by and you're still being one. Real smooth, Dracula." She rolled her eyes before snatching my beer and walking over to Everett, perching herself onto his lap.

     I clenched my teeth and bit my tongue before responding with an asshole remark. Everett looked taken aback as his cheeks were slightly pink. He quickly snaked his arm around Rose's waist as he snuggled his nose into her hair. Lucky bastard, chicks love dogs. 

     I looked over at Atticus as he smiled at Rose and Everett. I still find it odd that he hasn't put in a bigger effort to talk to her but that's just the way that he is. He's been hurt a lot in his life. I mean, we all have. But I'm starting to think that Rose may be just the thing that we need to fix us.

Since it's Mother's Day, I decided to post an extra chapter on my off day. So, there will be a chapter posted tomorrow and the regular updates will continue. What do you guys think about Axel? I really like making his personality the total opposite of Everetts, while Atticus is a mixture of them both. Don't worry, there will be more on him in the future!

If you haven't already, go check out my new reverse harem book that I just posted. It's called, "A Deal With The Sinners." It's a dark romance book that will be filled with violence, dark themes, and lots of steamy scenes!