Chapter 2

I groaned, draping one of my arms over my eyes, to shield the sunlight that is currently trying to incinerate them. I heard movement to my right and quickly shot up out of bed. I looked over as I got into a fighting stance and saw wolf boy standing in the corner of the room.

     "Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." He said as he put his hand up like he was talking to a rabid dog. I mean, that isn't that far off from the truth. To him and everyone else though, I'm a human. I learned how to hide the fact that I was a tribrid when everyone that I ever loved was ripped away from me.

     I was cut off from my thoughts as I realized that he was still talking. Geez, seriously? Does this guy ever shut up? "...You passed out and I didn't know where to bring you. Umm...I brought you some breakfast and a change of clothes." He said, rubbing the back of his neck with nervous movements.

     I looked around the room and realized that we were in a motel room. The one that's two blocks away from the bar that I was at last night. Yeah, I was very comfortable with this place you could say. I looked down at my ruined black dress and cursed at the rips and dirt-smudged on it.

     I looked up at him as he gazed at me in an affectionate way. He saw my attention on him before he blushed and looked away. "Thanks, big man," I said, before grabbing the change of clothes and heading towards the bathroom. I tried to think of a plan as I stood under the low-pressure shower. I needed to leave as soon as possible. Just because he was my mate, doesn't change a single thing. He can't find out what I am and I won't be the person that he wants me to be. I'm not a submissive woman and I don't like to be tied down.

     A part of me wanted to leave right now but the other part of me wanted to eat the free breakfast, so I thought about staying a little while. Only if we stayed in this motel room though. I do not want to be brought to this guy's pack. That will just make things more complicated. I'd hate to have to kill his pack members in the process of my escape.

     Okay, so that settles it. I'm going to stay for the free breakfast and possibly another night for free in this motel. I'm not staying because of this weird attraction that I have with this guy or anything. Nope, that's definitely not it.

     I stepped out of the shower after only being in for ten minutes. Even though this guy is my mate, that doesn't mean that I trust him. Hell, I don't trust anyone except for myself. It would really suck to be ambushed while in the shower naked.

     I pulled out the clothes that he left for me. It was a simple pair of black skinny jeans and a black tank top. I held up the lacy thong and matching bra set and arched my brow looking at it. This fucker really bought me these? I smirked. Well, if I was going to be stuck here with him for the rest of the day or until I'm ready to ditch him, then I'm going to tease the hell out of him.

     I pulled on the matching set. Damn, I really did look good. The red set looked and fit perfectly on my full chest and tiny waist. I wasn't about to begin to think how fucking creepy that was. I towel- dried my hair and let it sit flowing down my back. I smirked and turned the doorknob, walking out to the bedroom.

     I stood there, leaning against the wall as I watched Everett pace back and forth nervously. I cleared my throat since he was oblivious to my presence. He jerked his head up and just gaped at me. "You good, big man?" I asked, smirking at him. God, he was pretty adorable. I trailed my eyes down his shirtless form. How did he end up shirtless? I had no idea. Do I care? Nope, not one bit.

     "Uh...uh...yeah, yeah. For sure. Umm. I got you a pair of jeans and a shirt in there too." He said, struggling to keep his eyes on my face. I mean, I don't blame him. At this point, I've been staring at his v-line for a solid two minutes now.