Chapter 29

"Deep breath, it's going to be okay, Rose," Atticus said, trying to calm me down. I'm currently standing in a floor-length white gown that was embroidered with rose gold stones and a lace detailing.

"I'm okay. It's all going to be okay," I muttered over and over to myself. I immediately felt calmer when Axel and Everett stepped into the room, waiting on me and Atticus to finish getting ready.

We made our way through the house and out into the yard where it was safe to teleport. I think I was practically holding my breath the entire way to the ceremony. We stepped out of the clearing and made our way to a big open fire pit with hundreds of people surrounding it.

Well, this didn't seem to bad. It was a lot of people, don't get me wrong, but I was expecting more.

Everett wrapped his arm around my waist and leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Only those who have important roles in our community attend ceremonies like this." Oh, great. So there's more.

We walked towards four throne-like chairs that were made with a delicate wooden design. The forest was plunged into silence as the audience bowed their heads in respect to their alphas.

I looked over at my mates who stood strong and stoic, while I just looked out of place. I hadn't even realized just how important my mates actually are. They're leaders, while I'm...I don't even know. I feel like I don't belong here.

My emotional downfall of thoughts was interrupted when I felt a hand rub soothing circles on my back. I looked over at Axel as he stood, looking forward still as stoic as ever.

"Whatever you're thinking about, quit it. You're not running away from things that scare you anymore, Princess. You've got us now," Axel said through our mind link, instantly making me calmer. I sucked in a deep breath and stood tall just like my mates.

"Let the feast begin," Atticus announced aloud. I was about to ask what feast until tables of food magically appeared across the clearing. I looked over at Atticus in surprise. Why have we been cooking if he could do this the whole time?!

I shook my head before taking a step forward before freezing in place. I threw a glare at Atticus, knowing this was his doing.

He chuckled, looking very amused at my situation. "Roe, the guests eat first. It would be rude of you to cut the line."

I growled and made a move to step back when he allowed me to. "That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard," I muttered, looking longingly at the food everyone was eating.

We waited ten long minutes before we went and got our food. Everett knowing just how hungry my pregnant self was, fixed me a heaping plate of food. I thanked him probably a hundred times, giving him endless kisses right here in front of everyone. But I didn't care, and it didn't seem that he did either.

I sat down, eating like a rabid animal while everyone chattered away. I threw a few glares and even some growls at the curious glances people were giving me.

"Son of a bitch," I whispered-yelled, glaring at Axel who pinched my thigh.

"Quit giving everyone death glares every time they look at you. You have to earn their respect as Luna. You're going to give them a heart attack acting like that."

I suppressed an eye roll before muttering an apology.

Everett sighed across the table from me, looking conflicted. "Baby girl...No one here is going to judge you for what you did to the old alphas. They're all aware of the situation you were put in and understand. So if that's the reason you aren't comfortable with becoming Luna then get that thought out of that pretty head of yours."