Chapter 7

Rose's POV

I heard arguing as I walked into the living room where all three guys were seated. Axel and Everett were yelling at each other as Atticus completely ignored them by turning the tv up louder.

I heard Everett's voice as he defended me against Axel. "You know, maybe she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed because she doesn't fucking know us, Axel." He is literally the sweetest.

Axel scoffed, "Fuck that. You do realize that she's probably had one-night stands before right? Not everyone saves themselves for their mates, Everett." I gaped at him because, like, what the fuck? I mean, I'm by no means a virgin, but he's acting like I got my phone number posted on every bathroom stall in town.

I pushed down all my murderous thoughts as I walked into the living room, making my presence known. "Wow. You came to apologize for being a dick, and yet, not ten minutes have gone by and you're still being one. Real smooth, Dracula." I rolled my eyes before snatching his beer up and walking over to Everett, perching myself onto his lap.

I could feel Everett slightly tense under me before he quickly snaked his arm around my waist. Sparks erupted from the contact, making my wolf very happy. I ignored Axel's glare as I relaxed in Everett's arms.

"So...what the hell are we doing here?" I asked, looking around the spacious living house.

"Making sure you're comfortable with us before we introduce you to each of our people," Atticus said, scrolling through the channels on the tv. I nearly spit out my drink at his statement.

"Your people?" I asked, dreading the answer.

Everette nodded his head which was rested against mine. "Yes. Each of us became the alphas of our people after the originals were murdered by a psycho on a killing spree," Everett said in a calm tone. I tried to steady my breathing at his words. I guess it's not a good time to tell them that I'm the psycho who murdered their leaders. Don't blame me, they had it coming.

Atticus muttered in agreement, "Now I'm the head warlock of my coven, Axel's the head vamp of his clan, and Everett is the alpha of the majority of werewolf packs in North America." I nodded my head in understanding. Well, fuck me. I'm just hoping that I look completely different by the time that I go.

Axel looked at me a little less hostile than before as he said, "Me and Everett have to go take care of some business with our people, so Atticus is going to be staying here watching you tomorrow."

"What? Like, babysit me?" I scrunch my nose up in disgust.

Axel rolled his eyes. "Yes, exactly like that. I don't know about these two idiots, but I don't fucking trust you." He said, pointing at Atticus and Everett before pointing at me and narrowing his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and leaned forward. "Fine then. What do I need to do for you to trust me?" I asked, genuinely curious.

He looked at me in thought before putting on an amused expression. "Well, for starters, I need you to not kill anyone when we go out tonight to feed. Think you can do that Rose?"

I narrowed my eyes playfully. "I thought it was Princess?" I asked, biting my lip while slowly stroking the beer bottle with my hand. I saw his face heat up a little before he turned his head back to the tv. I looked over at Atticus as he looked amused but turned on.

I most definitely have noticed Everett's dick nudging against my ass as I sat on his lap. I slightly moved my head to the side so that I could look at him from my position on his lap. He looked a little embarrassed as he tried to shift his pants to ease his hard on. But my adorable mate didn't get the message that this will only make his situation worse as he's essentially rubbing it against me more. "It's okay you know, I don't mind," I whispered against his ear.