Chapter 8

"Damn, girl! I've only been gone for a few minutes." Rachel laughed at my empty two shot glasses.

     I cleared all thoughts of Damon as I ordered another two rounds of shots so that we were even again. "Don't drink those. You've had enough," I heard Axel through our mindlink. That's the one advantage and disadvantage of supernaturals. It's not like I can ignore him now. I looked over at a few stools down where the guys were seated. I picked up a shot glass and downed it while maintaining eye contact with Axel.

     "Let's go dance." Rachel laughed drunkenly as we finished the remainder of our shots. I smiled as she grabbed my hand, leading me to the dance floor. It was so crowded that you wouldn't even notice us unless you went out of your way to.

     I could feel all three of my mate's eyes on me as I danced with Rachel, our bodies pressed against each other. I was so far drunk that I didn't even care what I was doing. I was so sick of always being on guard and alone my whole life. Tonight, I'm letting loose. I looked into Rachel's eyes as I compelled her, "You're going to be very quiet, but it's going to feel really good, okay?" She nodded her head in a daze. When being compelled, it's like my voice is the only noise in the room, drowning out the music and voices of the people around us.

     I walked behind Rachel, still dancing as I moved her hair to the side. I really wish that I didn't have to do this, but I didn't really get the choice of not being a bloodsucker when I was born. Luckily for me, no one in the room would notice as it just looked like two drunk girls grinding against each other. I made eye contact with Axel and the guys across the room as I sunk my teeth into her neck. As fast as it started, it was over. I danced with Rachel a little longer before I walked back over to the guys.

     "Where's Axel?" I asked Everett and Atticus, seeing as Axel wasn't there.

     "Outside, he found his next victim." Atticus laughed as if he knew something that I didn't. I raised my eyebrow in question.

     "He found the douchey guy that you told to move earlier." Everett supplied, smiling at me.

     I nodded my head in understanding. That was basically code for Axel is currently using the asshole as a human blood bag at the moment. "Well, I'm gonna go outside and smoke. Order me another round?" I smiled brightly at Everett since I know he'd be the one to give in. And I was right, as he called the bartender over.

     I walked outside, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. I walked towards the side of the building since it was way too crowded in the front. I stop mid-step at the sight of red hair. "Shit," I muttered, jogging over towards the dead and bloodied body of Rachel. I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked from her open, dead eyes to her ripped out neck.

     "Ahhh, if it isn't my favorite little gem, Ruby." I turned around in shock as Dean stood in front of me. How the hell did he find me? "Master would be very pleased to see you again." He smiled cruelly at me.

     "Over my dead body," I growled out.

     "Tsk, Tsk. Now that's no way to treat an old friend." He said, feigning hurt. However, he didn't seem to be too hurt as he lunged towards me, claws and teeth extended. Yup, he was a werewolf/vamp hybrid. Fuck my life.

     I moved back out of the way as his claws swiped through the air. "Tenomo iluso," I yelled, reaching my hand out. He smiled and laughed as I watched my spell fail to do anything.

     "Aww, poor, Ruby. Did you really think that I would come here unprepared?" He said, smiling while his lengthened canines were on display. I didn't get a chance to ask him what the fuck that meant because next thing I know, I see a hand rip right through his chest, holding his heart. I gasped as I saw a severely pissed off Axel holding Dean's heart.