Chapter 13

We ran back towards the house as we approached two figures standing on the front porch steps. Atticus looked at me in amazement and relief while Axel stormed over to us, clearly angry. "Shift," He said, crossing his arms and glaring down at me. "Damn it, Rose. Shift!" Axel yelled at me, making my wolf whimper and tuck her tail in. Everett growled from next to me, trying to protect me and show his dominance.

     "Axel, man. Calm the fuck down. You're scaring her," Atticus said, pulling Axel back. I watched as Axel's eyes went from black to his normal blue color again. He looked down at me with a pained expression.

     "Please shift back, Princess," He said quietly.

     I heard Everett shift back next to me so I did the same. Atticus pulled off his shirt and handed it to me to cover up. I didn't have a problem being nude, but I knew that it was distracting to the guys.

     "Why did you run away from us like that?" Axel asked.

     I scoffed, "Because you didn't even let me explain!"

     "Just tell me that you had a good reason, Rose. That was my dad," Axel said, his voice slightly cracking with emotion. I wanted to feel bad for what I did, but I couldn't. I nodded my head at his statement. "What did they do?" He asked.

     I shook my head. "I don't want to talk about it."

     Axel laughed bitterly. "You don't want to talk about it? So you're just going to keep secrets from us now? When did you think of explaining to us that you're a fucking tribrid, Rose?" Axel exclaimed, not in anger, but hurt.

     "I tried to tell you, but you wouldn't quit your ranting about me ruining your life!" I yelled back at him.

     "Just tell me why you did it, Rose. I need to know. My dad was a good person." Axel said, his eyes watering.

     I laughed as tears ran down my cheeks. "A good person? See, I think we're talking about two different people here, Ax," I said with a pained voice as I turned and walked towards the house. I paused at the steps before turning back around. "You want to know how good of a person he was? They took me in because I didn't have anybody. I don't fit in anywhere, so I went to them for refuge. Except that's not what I got. They thought it may be a good idea to experiment on me instead," I said taking a shaky breath.

     "They wanted to know if they could breed more tribrids. So they each took their turn and raped me over and over again for months to see if I could give birth to one. Except, I couldn't get pregnant. I'm already an abomination, so why should I be able to create more, right?"

     "I ended up building enough strength back over the months and got help from Jackson who broke me out, and then I killed all of them. I was only seventeen years old for fuck's sake! Again, I won't fucking apologize for what I did," I said, trying to suck in a breath as I wiped the tears from my face.

     "I'm so sick of this back and forth trusting bullshit. I'm fucking done. So, if you want out, now's your chance." I finished as I turned my back on them and walked into the house, not waiting for a pity response.

--------------------------------------------

Axel's POV

     I stood there listening to Rose talk as tears ran down her face as she glared at me. It's like I heard what she was saying, but my mind wasn't fully processing it. I just couldn't believe that my dad did that to her. It was like everything I knew about him was a lie. My heart was breaking for my mate and yet, I didn't say anything as she walked away from me. What do I say? I just accused her of killing innocent people. When really, she was the innocent one in the situation. And what did she mean by she was done? Done with me?