Chapter 3

Axel's POV

     "What the actual fuck just happened?" I growled, pushing myself to my feet.

     "Well, isn't it obvious? She's our mate, dumbass." Atticus rolled his eyes and started walking towards the room Everett was staying in.

     "No fucking shit, Atticus. I mean, why the hell did she just run away from us?" I said as we walked into Everett's room.

     Atticus let out a loud laugh as he walked towards Everett's unconscious body. "Well, it looks like our little mate is quite the killer." He put his hands on Everett's chest and pumped some magic into him. Just enough to make him wake up faster.

     "Uhh, what happened?" Everett groaned, sitting up and against the headboard.

     "You let our mate go, man." I gritted out. I was beyond pissed right now. Not only am I going to have to share her with these two fuckers, but she also seems to not want to be with any of us. "And I thought you said she was human!"

     He looked at me confused. "She is..."

     "Apparently not. She snapped your neck and threw me through the air as she made her escape."

     "So...she's a witch then." Atticus smiled smugly at us. He thinks that just because they're the same species, that makes them closer by default.

     "How did you even find this chick?" I asked, steering us back on track.

     "She was at the bar down the road. She looked like she was drugged up by the looks of it, so I brought her back here. Everything was fine until...oh, shit...until I took the phone call with you guys." He said looking guilty.

     I sighed, "Of course, she could fucking hear the phone call." I looked over to a dress on the floor. "Is that hers?" I nodded my head to the fabric.

     "Uhh yeah. I went and got her some fresh clothes today so she could change. Why?"

     I walked over and picked up the skimpy dress. "Fucking hell. Is this a tank top?" I exclaimed holding the small fabric up. I heard the other guys laugh as I brought the dress to my nose. "I smell another human on it....and, blood." I scrunched up my face, wondering why that was.

     "Huh, that's strange. We can use the dress to track her." Everett said, looking like a lost pup.

     I snorted a laugh, "Obviously. We'll start tracking her once you're healed enough." I looked over at Everett and squinted my eyes. "How did she even get close enough without you noticing?" I pointed to his neck that was progressively healing.

     He opened his mouth a few times, slightly blushing as I narrowed my eyes further. "Uhh, well, she sort of kissed me...and I might have gotten distracted a bit."

     "Lucky bastard," Atticus grumbled, casting a few spells to mask our scent from other supernaturals. "You know, if she's a witch, then she probably just masked herself to you, Everett. It just appeared that she was human because that's what she wanted you to believe."

     "Why would she want to do that?" Everett asked, like the sensitive guy that he is.

     "Why else? Because she's trying to hide from someone." I supplied, wondering what her motives are.

     "So, she knew that I was a werewolf then." Everett looked up as we nodded. "That's why she kept calling me big man then." 

     Me and Atticus snorted a laugh. "Well, you are the tallest out of all of us."