Chapter 21

1 Months Later:

Rose's POV

     I can't believe that I've been here for a month already. I don't want to say that I've lost hope along the way, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried. I've started showing by now and it was harder and harder to ignore the signs of pregnancy. I couldn't hold down my food and I was growing uncomfortable with the weight gain and tenderness in my breast. Not to mention that I missed my mates badly.

     I haven't heard from Atticus again after that first night, but it could have something to do with these magic inhibitor chains that I wear daily. I was also slowly getting used to the same daily routines. I was fed properly, but I knew that it was for my babies and not for me. I was routinely checked to make sure that my health and the babies' health were okay. Unfortunately, I was also stuck talking to Damon every day. The hooded figure would oftentimes make an appearance as well, although they never showed their identity.

     I was currently getting another check-up by the doctors as the hooded figure stood silently in the room. I looked over at them getting angrier and angrier at this situation. "Are you just going to stand there like you're from the fucking purge or are you going to tell me who the hell you are?" I asked, glaring daggers at the figure.

     Everyone in the room grew silent and still. "I'm done with this shit," I said, before grabbing a sharp tool meant for medical procedures and held it over my stomach. I wasn't going to actually do anything but my babies seemed to be the only thing making me worth keeping around at this point.

     The hooded figure stood still as everyone in the room grew nervous at the situation unfolding. The figure motioned their hand, signaling god knows what. I watch as two guards bring in a skinny redhead. No. "Jackson?" I asked, wide-eyed. My poor best friend was being dragged in while tied up and paler than usual. "What did you do?" I asked, still in shock.

     "This prisoner has withheld valuable information regarding the tribrid and refuses to cooperate. Therefore, he has broken the oath with the council board and is being withheld proper dietary needs for his species." An older man spoke as he brought Jackson further into the room and pushed him to his knees. Jackson's dietary needs were obviously blood, that's why he looks paler than usual.

     "What oath? He used to be part of the vampire clan." I was beyond confused at this turn of events.

     "Poor thing. The three species are a part of the council. You don't think that it was suspicious that we knew you were the one who killed the alphas? Jackson is a part of the clan, therefore, he's a part of the council. He broke the oath when he freed you which makes him a traitor." The man looked over at the hooded figure.

     The figure lifted their hood off of their head, revealing their identity. No, it can't be. "Since you need to be reminded of who's in charge here, I'll show you," she said as she removed the knife. My knife, from her cloak.

     I looked at Jackson who smiled sadly at me. "I tried to protect you as long as I could, Rose. I'm sorry that they're doing this to you. Save your babies." I stared wide-eyed at the woman who reached down and sliced Jackson's head clean off of his body.

     I shook violently, trying to hold my tears in. "Let this be a reminder that if you don't cooperate, this will be your mates next." I don't even think I was breathing as I looked into the cold, blue eyes of the woman that I trusted most when I was younger.

     "Mom?" Before I was able to say anything else, I felt a prick on my arm before the room started spinning and suddenly, I was surrounded by darkness.