Chapter 4

"Well, you guys took a lot longer than I expected," I said before turning around and smiling like a maniac at the three hunks in front of me.

     "You're a vampire?" The vamp with the permanent scowl on his face said.

     "No, what gave it away?" I said sarcastically before the guy I just drank from groaned as he held onto my waist, trying to stabilize himself. I must have really not been in a friendly mood that night as I reached around and snapped his neck. Now the bastard really was dead. Whoops.

     "What the actual fuck was that for? He's human!" the vamp exclaimed.

     I rolled my eyes. "He was an asshole." Was all I said on the matter. I bent down and grabbed the douche's wallet, pulling out a couple of hundreds. I let out a low whistle as I put the money into my bra. I looked over and saw the still lit joint in his hand. I picked it up before turning back around to my mates gaping at me in awe and horror.

     I took a long hit on the joint as I waited for one of them to speak. Of course, it was the fucking pissed-off vamp. "How the hell did we get stuck with her?" He practically spat at me.

     I gave him an unimpressed look. "Listen Dracula, you're the one who came chasing after me. So, it looks like you're the desperate one in this case." I tried really hard not to look at Everett since last time I saw him, I nearly decapitated him.

     The blond warlock barked out a laugh, clearly finding this whole situation amusing. "So you're a witch and a vampire. How interesting." I shrugged. I wasn't going to confirm or deny it. "So tell me, how and why did you cover up your scent and make other people believe you're human? There must be a reason." He looked at me pointedly as if he already knew the answer.

     I deflected his question by asking one of my own. "You tried to cover up your scents and yet I smelled you right away. So, maybe you're doing something wrong." I smirked seeing his jaw clench. He obviously didn't like to be called out on his mistakes.

     "Listen, if someones after you, we'll keep you safe." I looked over at Everett. God, he is such a sweetheart. I could feel my eyes softening as I looked at him. Damn it! Pull yourself together Rose!

     I smiled sadly at him. "You can't though. Trust me, if you stick around me, you'll end up dead." I said, dropping my smile and turning around to walk away. Well, I tried to before a scowling Dracula stood in my way.

     "We can't let you go. You have to come with us." He crossed his arms over his well-defined chest.

     I let out a loud laugh, doubling over. I swear I felt tears flow down my face in humor. All three guys looked confused as they watched me laugh like a psychopath. "That's cute. You really got me there."

     "I'm not playing around, Princess." He said as an insult. My facial expression immediately hardened. If you mess with the rose, you'll get the thorns.

     "Reptundo." I flew my hand up and threw him up against the brick wall. I walked towards him with emotionless eyes. "What the fuck did you just call me?" I asked him, growing angrier by the minute.

     "I said you're coming with us, Princess." I gripped his throat with my fist and squeezed. I might look small but you never fuck with a tribrid. He began choking a little but still held his composure. Before I could do any real damage, I was pulled back by a magical force and landed onto the paved ground.

     "Calm down children." The warlock said, rolling his eyes as if I wasn't just choking out his friend. "I wish I didn't have to do this." He said before I saw him hold up steel chains.