Chapter 11

"I think it's time that I finally come clean about something," I said, hoping that I wasn't making a mistake by revealing my secret.

     "Spit it out, Rose," Axel said through clenched teeth.

     I shook my head. "Not here. We have to go to my house first."

     "No. If it's not safe for you here then we need to bring you to our people for safety." Atticus said, trying to reason with me.

     I shook my head. "I can't do that," I said quietly.

     Everett scrunched up his eyebrows. "Why not?"

     I looked anywhere but at the guys. "I did something really bad a few years ago...and some of them will probably recognize me."

     "What did you do?" Axel said with anger lining his voice. "Rose!" He yelled when I didn't answer him, the tone of his voice making me jump.

     "I-I killed the alphas of the three species," I whispered so softly that it was hard for even me to hear.

     I jumped as Axel picked up a lamp and threw it at the wall nearby where it shattered. "What the actual fuck, Rose! Do you have any idea the position you've put is in? We're the alphas now. Do you not see how this could affect us?" Axel yelled at me.

     I looked up at him with my own hatred reflecting in my eyes. "I don't regret a single fucking thing that I did. You don't even know what happened!" I yelled back at him.

     "It doesn't matter Rose!" I turned my head to Atticus who had so much pain and anger in his voice. "That was our family. By having you as our mate, to our people, it looks like you took them out for us." I shook my head, tears forming in my eyes.

     "I'm not sorry for what I did. You weren't even there," I said.

     "Baby girl, this is bad. How are our people supposed to trust you?" My sweet Everett said looking pained to agree with the others.

     "I trusted them. That's why I'm in this fucking mess in the first place," I said, choking on a sob. I shook my head, backing up. "I can't believe I'm this fucking stupid. I can't believe that I was even about to tell you that I was a- ." I shook my head, turning away and walking to the front door. "This was all a mistake," I said as I waved my hand and chanted the spell as I teleported home. The last thing I heard was my mates yelling after me.

------------------------------------------------------------

Everett's POV

     "This was all a mistake," Rose said, tears falling down her face as she teleported away from us.

     I still can't get the look that she gave me when I agreed with the others out of my head. I always take her side in every situation, except for this one. Her face showed just how broken and lonely she was.

     "This is our fault! You guys do realize that?" I said, pulling on my shaggy hair as I paced the room.

     "She shouldn't have kept that secret from us Everett," Axel said, putting on a pissed off look even though I know he feels bad about the way we just treated her.

     Atticus shook his head, rubbing his face. "She was going to tell us everything and we fucked it up. We didn't even ask why she did it." He laughed bitterly.

     "Does it really matter?" Axel asked.

     "Yeah, it does. Would you honestly choose your position as alpha over the vampires than choosing Rose as your mate?" I asked like it wasn't a topic up for debate.