Chapter 15

Rose's POV

     I took a deep breath as I told them the same thing that I had told Atticus about my childhood. I was dreading the next part though. "Fast forward to after I escaped the alphas," I said as my gaze briefly met Axel's sad eyes. "I was nineteen and I just started working at a bar so I could pay the bills the right way. I was trying to change my old habits of stealing and make a somewhat normal life for myself. One night I was working, I had been serving members of the council...and that's where I met Damon. He's a warlock/vampire hybrid."

     The guys were deadly silent as they looked at me to continue. "I wasn't interested in him at first because I never wanted to let someone that close to me again. But, he kept coming back every day that I worked." I wanted to smile at the memories of him chasing me around like a loved up teenager, but the more recent memories kept that smile off of my face. "We started seeing each other eventually and I trusted him."

     "Were you in love with him?" Everett asked, interrupting my speech.

     I furrowed my brows. "I don't know. I thought I was, but I think I was just happy that someone actually cared about me," I said quietly.

     "Where did it go wrong?" Atticus asked carefully.

     I sighed as I told them the story of the worst time in my life.

*Flashback*

     I heard the door open as I smelled the scent of Damon waft into the room. I smiled as I turned towards the man that I was completely infatuated with. "Hey, baby."

     He walked closer to me with a strange look on his face. He sighed as he leaned against the wall, crossing his arms. "Ruby, when were you going to tell me?"

     I furrowed my brows, confused. "Tell you what?"

     He walked closer as he looked into my eyes. "That you were a tribrid." I felt my blood ice over as shivers wracked my body, holding me frozen in place.

     I laughed nervously. "I don't know what you mean."

     "Why are you lying to me? I thought we were past that. I love you, Ruby. You can tell me anything," He said seriously. And against my better judgment, I told him everything.

     He didn't even seem surprised at my confession of my life story. It was like he already knew. He pulled me in for a hug after I told him of my stay with the alphas where I then escaped.

     "It's okay. Everything will be fine," He said, almost looking regretful but I had no idea what for.

-------------------------------------------

     I was abruptly awoken by the searing pain and the smell of burnt flesh. I opened my eyes and stared into the eyes of Damon. I screamed as he tightened the silver chains currently keeping me in place. "What are you doing?" I asked, tears flowing down my face.

     He looked at me blankly, with empty eyes. "I'm sorry that it had to be this way, but I have orders."

     I blinked at him in confusion. "What the hell does that mean?"

     "It means that I suggest you shut your mouth and come willingly. You've already made things more difficult on yourself," He said through clenched teeth as he yanked me to my feet.