五 (Five)

(Ryu's POV)

"Are you not f*cking listening to me?!"

Thwack!
Thwack!
Thwack!

"Get up and let's go again!"

"I-I'm sorry."

"I don't f*cking want your words! I want to see your actions! Get the f*ck up and do it again!"

I got up on feet, blood dripping down my face. I wiped it away with my hand, knowing it wouldn't be so bad as to leave a scar. He was good like that. Never hit me hard enough to scar.

Tears threatened to spill down my face. He noticed.

"Don't f*cking cry! You're a weapon! You will be a weapon, and weapons don't f*cking cry!"

I stood with my hands in front of me balled into fists and my legs shoulder width apart. I was still trembling though.

I lasted five minutes before I went down. My body ached. It ached all over. I was exhausted.

But we weren't done yet. Six hours left.

That how he operated. Seven hours of sleep, ten hours of training, and seven hours for school and meals.

Thwack!

His kai stick hit the middle of my back because I wasn't getting up fast enough.

"Get up."

I shook my head. I couldn't. I didn't have any strength. I couldn't even if I wanted to.

He hooked his foot underneath me and rolled me over onto my back. He raised his stick above his head and I prepared for what was to come.

"Ryu?!"

My eyes shot open to see Aria leaning over me. I sat up and moved to sit on the side of the bed. My heart was pounding and I was covered in sweat.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"No, no." She said, latching onto my back.  She put her head on my shoulder and just sat there with me. "Don't ever be sorry for having a nightmare. Ever."

"I'm going to go shower." I stood up and, without looking back, I walked into the bathroom.

I got in the shower and as soon as the water hit me, I snapped. I punched the wall repeatedly and didn't stop until my knuckles started to bleed.

I heard the bathroom door open seconds later. I watched through the frosted glass doors as she came in and sat beside the shower. She didn't say anything, she just slid down to the floor and sat there. I slid down to the shower floor and cracked the door open so I could see her.

"How long?" I asked.

"Five minutes."

"Felt like a lifetime."

"Nightmares always do."

I nodded as I leaned my head against the wall and closed me eyes.

"Ryu," she said softly after a few minutes.

"Hmm."

"I love you." She said and I smiled.

"I love you too." I said as my phone started to go off from in the bedroom.

"I'll get it." She said standing up.

She came back with my cellphone in hand and showed me the screen.