二十 (Twenty)

(Aria's POV)

"This is everything."

I nodded. "I just want the watch."

"The watch? Nothing else?"

"Just the watch." I spoke softly.

"Alright."

He picked the watch up out of the box and handed it to me. I ran my fingers across it. Across the engraving.

Love you for eternity. Forever yours, Koneko.

He always wore it. Every day since I gave it to him.

"And....his body?" I asked.

"Ah yes. You can pick up his ashes after he is cremated. Someone will call you."

"W-Who do I pay?"

"It's been taken care of."

"It has? By who?"

"By me." A voice said behind me.

I turned to see Vince, Juliet, and Stefano. Juliet had tears in her eyes.

"What are...."

"Yori called me." Vince said. "He explained everything."

Juliet came over and hugged me. She hugged me as she cried which made me start crying again.

"We're so sorry. So so sorry. I can't even imagine....." she whispered trailing off.

"Where are you staying?" Vince asked.

"A safe house. It was the last place..... the place we were together. I ca-" I got choked up on my tears as I started sobbing again.

Juliet rubbed my back and hugged me tight.

They followed me back to the safe house in their car while I walked. I enjoyed walking.

He enjoyed walking.

"How long has it been since you slept?" Juliet asked as we walked inside.

"A day or two." I admitted. "I can't....I've never been able to sleep peacefully without him. How can I...."

"I understand." She smiled softly.

"What is this?" Vince asked looking at the safe.

"A safe. It has our birth certificates and stuff like that in it. I think it has some cash in it too. I'm not sure. Ryu is the one who put things in it. I don't even know the combination."

"It's four digits. Any guesses?"

I rattled off several numbers. None of them worked.

"We can try again later."

"Yori told me about the guy who his father messaged. The specialist." Vince said, sitting across from me.

"He won't tell me anything."

"That's because he doesn't know what you'll do."

I scoffed. "He knows what I'll do. The same thing Ryu would've done."

"You're sad and depressed. You can't-"

"I'm sad?" I yelled standing up. "I am pissed! I am devastated! I am heartbroken! They took him from me! They took the one person, the one thing, that means the most to me! They took EVERYTHING from me!"