十四 (Fourteen)

(Ryu's POV)

I stared down at my knives. I told Aria that it would be errands that require five knives. I didn't lie. It would be best to take five, but I was only going to take one.

I picked up the knife easiest to hide and put the others away. I hid the knife before going into the bathroom. Aria was lounging in the bathtub. She was messing with the bubbles that were floating on top of the water. I could tell she was in her own head.

"Hey." I said softly.

She looked up at me for a second or two before smiling. "Hi. Are you leaving?"

"Yeah. I don't know when I'll be back. Could be an hour or it could be more."

A lot more.

She nodded. "Okay."

I let out a sigh and kicked off my shoes and socks. I took my phone and wallet out of my pocket before climbing into the tub. I squatted down in front of her and grabbed her face.

"Stop worrying. I will come back in one piece."

"I see it in your eyes, Ryu. Something is different this time."

"You trust me?"

"You know I do."

"Then trust me when I say that I will come back in one piece." I said as I kissed her.

I was almost out of the bathroom when she called me back.

"Coming back in one piece doesn't mean just physically. You have to come back mentally in one piece to."

I walked out of the house and shook my head. I had to clear my head. Couldn't afford any distractions.

I took a cab to my destination. It was about a thirty minute ride. I easily found my way inside. Easily slipped past the guards and avoided the security cameras.

I found him in his home gym. His gun was set up like a traditional japanese dojo. Everyone knew him and his men were trained in martial arts more than marksmanship.

He stood on the opposite side and he staring at me.

"You knew I was coming." I stated.

"And you knew that I knew." He said.

I smirked.

"What gave me away?" He asked.

"It was at the bathhouse."

"What did I do?"

"You looked at me."

"I looked at you?"

"The entire time you spoke, you kept your eyes on Yori. When you started talking about Akuma, your briefly looked at me. It was for just a second, but I caught it. Plus, you were tense and.....a bit scared. Scared that I might've jumped out of the water and snapped your neck."

"You're a lot smarter than people say."

"I assume your brother told you who I am."

"Oh yes. All he could talk about was how Akuma secretly worked for him. Hidden in plain sight. May I ask why you slaughtered him and a lot of his men?"

"Because he wanted to cage me. Lock me up and keep on a chain."

He nodded. "He ran that by me. I told him it was a bad idea. Told him you wouldn't appreciate it. You're not the kind of man who can be kept in a cage. Can't be contained or owned."

It was at that moment that his men entered in behind me. He tried to act cocky.

I just smirked and took off my jacket. I tossed it to the side and rolled up my sleeves.