十九 (Nineteen)

A/N:

When I tell you I cried writing this....I mean I CRIED. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Listening to this song made it worse for me!!

-B. 😭😭😭🥺🥺🥺

~~~~~~~~~~
(Aria's POV)

I sat in the police station. I was completely numb to everything. I didn't hear anyone or anything.

My throat hurt from screaming. My hands had first degree burns. That was from me running into the rubble of our house. I ran ii screaming for him. Trying to find him.

I sat in nothing but my shirt and my underwear. I didn't care what I was wearing or how I looked. It didn't matter anymore.

"Ms. Nakaya?" An officer spoke, crouching down in front of me.

My eyes remained on the floor.

"Ms. Nakaya, we have some information for you."

I lifted my head to look at him. I refused to let hope build. I already knew what they were going to say.

"They've found a body. It will take a little bit to identify the victim, but-"

"They think it's him." I said, tears rolling my cheeks.

He nodded. "A watch was found on the body. It's engraved."

"A birthday gift from me." I said, wiping my tears away.

"I'm so sorry."

"When can I go....." I trailed off.

I was going to say home.

But I didn't have a home. He was my home.

"The older lady that came in with you is still waiting in the front. You're free to leave now. I'll call you as soon as I know more."

"Thanks."

Mrs. Date was crying when I got to her. She stood up and pulled me in for a hug.

We got outside and she got a cab. She climbed in and waited for me.

I stood on the sidewalk in the pouring rain. I looked at her and shook my head before taking off.

I ran and ran until I couldn't run anymore. I ran until I got to the park. I fell to the ground and screamed. I screamed and cried until I couldn't. Until it all came flooding back and then I cried and screamed some more.

**Flashback**

"Thank you for coming with me."

"You made a good argument." He smirked.

"I made two actually." I winked. "Remember this place?"

"Of course. Our school used to be here. They built a new one and turned the told one into this park."

"Do you where we are standing? What spot this is?"

He smiled. A true genuine smile. "The spot where we met for the first time. The spot where you first started to break down my walls."

I nodded. "When you finally ask me to marry you and I say yes, I want to get married right here. I want to start our marriage where this all started."

He grinned. "Only if you wear the same outfit you wore that day."

I chuckled. "They might make the shirt in an adult size. But if I wear the same outfit then so do you."