twenty six.

26

ESCAPE PLAN

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The wind blew through Rosa's hair as the car shot through the sand before jumping onto the train tracks, she heard Thomas pull out the radio to talk to Brenda, "Brenda, we are coming up behind! Keep them busy!"

"Hold on!" Vince shouted causing Rosa to grip the back of Thomas' seat as the road got bumpy, "This is crazy guys!"

"Good!" Rosa shouted back with a small smile, earning a chuckle from the guys in the front seat.

Thomas began to jump from his seat and onto the hood of the truck as they neared the back of the train, he held the hook in his hands. Once he had hooked the truck onto the train, he leapt forward and reached his hand out for Rosa to take, she nodded and began to follow what Thomas had done by climbing to the hood of the car and jumping into his welcoming arms.

"Come on, Vince!" Rosa called out, watching as he struggled to follow their pursuit. Just as he managed to get to the hood of the car, the front right tire broke, sending him down to the metal with a grunt of pain. "Vince!"

Regardless, he got back up. But the car was getting further and further from the train, everyone thinking of the worst possible ending. "Jump!" Thomas shouted just before Vince jumped from the vehicle and landed on the train, his legs dangling off. The car that they had jumped from tipped over and landed with a thud.

"Shit," he muttered after narrowly escaping death, Rosa and Thomas having pulled him onto the train cart.

Rosa had already begun to climb the ladder, ignoring Thomas and Vince as they talked below her. She heard the whirring of the helicarriar coming steadily behind them at a fast pace, the guns coming out from their panels and beginning to fire at Jorge and Brenda in their car, the duo then leading the aircraft away from the train so they could work in peace.

It wasn't long before she was joined by Vince and Thomas at the rear of the train, them now running across the tops of each carriage and having to jump over the gaps. At the head of the train, they could see a unit of WICKED soldiers coming their way. 

Vince lowered himself to the floor of the train so he could disconnect the two sections of the train, "Give me the bag!" he shouted up, making Thomas drop the bag down to him whilst Rosa pulled the pistol from the holster and aimed at the guards just in case they began to fire.

Thomas took her lead and dropped to the same level as Vince for shelter so he could shoot up at the soldiers, yet Rosa just ducked behind a vent on the top of the train carriage and shot from there, hitting several guards.

Seconds later and Rosa's bomb exploded on the links of the trains, making the carriage that they had been using and the ones behind it slow to a stop on the tracks whilst the other half of the train carried on. It wasn't long before the first half also began to slow down, yet there was still some distance between the two.

Rosa joined the two boys on the sand, waving Newt and the others over as Thomas whistled for their attention. She hit the side of the carriage and called out for Minho, soon joined by Thomas and Newt. The kids in the train cart began to rattle their chains and scream out.

"Help me tie it up!" Thomas called out to Rosa, she simply nodded and joined him once again on the roof of the carriage to bolt the handle on the cart. Bullets began to fire at them, making Rosa instinctively duck down to avoid getting shot, again.