thirty three.

33

LEAP OF FAITH

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The three Gladers ducked to avoid getting caught in Janson's gunfire before breaking out in a sprint through the halls with their guns raised once more, causing for doctors and scientists to scream in fear and hide from them.

"Minho!" Rosa shouted, catching Thomas and Newt off guard but they were quick to join in screaming for their friend, hoping to find him soon and get out of there.

The trio backed up cautiously, firing until their weapons were empty. Rosa and Newt reversed a little too far, the girl getting trapped in a WICKED soldier's arms whilst Newt couldn't shoot him. Rosa winked at her friend before bringing her head back harshly into the soldier's helmet enough for him to step back with a groan, Newt taking the one behind him out as Rosa used the empty weapon like a bat, hitting the solider repeatedly with it until he was unconscious.

"Rosa, Newt, get down!" Thomas called, pulling them to the floor to hide from the bullets, "Shit, I'm almost out."

Rosa pulled the smaller pistol from her boot and fired a few shots with Thomas, her boyfriend pulling her back by her uniform once they were both out of bullets, saving her life.

"Get back!" their friend yelled behind them and launched an electrical grenade at the army of soldiers before it exploded in a fury of electric currents, taking them all out and the lights around them.

"God one, N," Rosa patted his back as they were once again running backwards.

"You three, freeze!" a WICKED guard shouted at them from through a doorway, his gun raised and ready to shoot if any of them moved the smallest amount, "Get down on the ground. Now! I said get your ass-"

Suddenly, the guard was thrown to the side as a body connected with his own. Rosa's eyes widened at the sight of Minho picking up the guard and throwing him through the window, smashing it into shards before screaming with anger, both fists clenched beside him.

"Minho!" they all shouted at him, running up to their friend and hugging him tightly, taking the boy back and startling him before recognition appeared on his weak face.

"This is real?" he asked, pain burning behind his eyes to insinuate the constant agony he had been under for the past six months.

"This is real," Rosa confirmed and gripped the back of his head, bringing him in once more for an embrace.

"I've got him!" a guard shouted, startling the four Gladers enough to make them run once more and not stop until they were met with Janson and three guards behind him, all of them opening fire at them.

"In here!" Rosa screamed and barged into the door to get them all to safety, Thomas' back pushing against the closed door once they were all in as Rosa pointed to the lock so they were safe.

Newt and Minho, still unsure if the lock would hold, pushed a metal rack against the door as extra protection from WICKED. But that wasn't enough, sawing sounds emitted from the behind the closed door with sparks flying into the room.

"That isn't going to hold for long," she told them with her hands going to her hair in panic, scrunching it up.

"Any ideas?" Minho shouted behind him, Rosa only turned to see Thomas staring out of the glass window and to the ground below it.

Rosa's heart shuddered at the thoughts of having to actually jump from the window and into the pool below, Newt was the only one who saw the fear crossing over her frame as she backed up away from it. No matter how many times Rosa said that she wasn't afraid of the heights, he knew otherwise.