Chapter 3

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 3
|Getting somewhere yet so far away|

Leanna Russel

The next morning I wake up by my alarm clock ringing softly and I smile as I feel Adam's strong arms around me. "Good morning, baby. Sleep well?" He asks me. Adam, my fiancé and I were together for five years before he proposed to me. Honestly, that day is the best day of my life but then again I do have a long list of good days, most of them with Adam. "With your arms around me, always" I say as I turn around in his arms to be facing him. His blonde hair is so messy and all over the place, but I think my hair is like that too.

"You're so adorable" He whispers into my ear as he starts to tickle my stomach. Laughing I push him away or at least attempt to as he is a trainer and he does have muscles and is much stronger than me. "S-stop" I say as I try to pry his hands off me, but on the other hand I don't want his hands to go away. "Fine, but you owe me a kiss" He says and chuckles, music to my ears.

I smile as I get out of bed once I've made it out of his arms and walk out of the bedroom and into the bathroom but before I close the door, I turn around. "Make breakfast and then I will consider kissing you" I say with a laugh as I close the door and don't allow him to answer to that. I hop into the shower and once I'm done I dry myself and brush my teeth. Taking a hairbrush I brush the tangles in my caramel colored hair. Heading out of the bathroom in my bra and panties and go back into the bedroom.

Adam is in the kitchen as I smell cooking, I would guess eggs and bacon for breakfast. I dress myself into black skinny jeans and a baby blue blouse. Looking into the mirror to see that I look perfect. When I'm dressed I head to the kitchen to see him wearing a too small apron. I smile when I sit down. He turns around and puts a plate in front of me. "Breakfast is served, my lady" He says but is trying to hold in his laughter which I am too. "So, now you're my servant?" I ask him with a friendly chuckle.

He only gives me a smile. "For you, I'd be anything" He says. Picking up another plate he sits down next to me and we start eating. I notice that he has already made smoothies for us. Looking at the clock on the wall to see that the clock is only half past six in the morning and the sun is already coming up with grace and it brings nothing but a smile on my face and happiness in my heart as I am here with the man that I love.

Walking into the prison after being let through the gates I head for the staff lounge where I put my stuff into my locker and then get a cup from a shelf, heat up water. I make some green tea to take with me to my office where I unlock the door and walk inside. The flowers still stand there but they are getting a bit weaker, but the scent still lingers and it keeps them alive. As I was about to close the door it is pushed back and someone enters my office. Trina dressed in her guard's uniform.

"So, how is he?" She asks me and I raise an eyebrow at her as I don't know what she is talking about. "Who?" I ask her as I sit down by my desk and take a sip of my tea. "Silas" She says as if it is the most obvious thing in the world. "You know I can't talk about my patients" I tell her and she rolls her eyes as she throws herself in my brown leather chair. "Boring... You do know who he is, right?" She asks me but I shake my head. "I don't know and I don't want to know" I tell her.

Trina should've already known that by now because this is how I work. "Anyway, you're coming to game night on Friday?" She asks me. Swallowing the sip that I took before a smile rises on my lips. "I wouldn't miss it for the world" I tell her and she laughs as she stands up. "Great!... Well, my shift is starting and I will be coming in only a couple of minutes because I'm on duty to bring you your patient" She says to me with a half smile on her face but her eyes show me happiness.