Chapter 13

❦ SESSIONS ❦ WITH ❦ GUNS

Chapter 13
|What is the perfect date?|

Leanna Russel

"Your disturbingly cherry today" Silas says as we sit in session the next day. "Of course I'm cherry, it's a new day and I've a ton of things to be happy about you. What about you, do you have anything to be happy today?" I ask him. It's Adam's birthday today and I've already planned something for him tonight and this day just makes me happy about it and I'm so excited. Silas stares at me with annoyed expression which only makes me giggle. "Despite how tough you want to be, there is always something one should be happy about" I tell him.

He rolls his eyes as he walks around my office which seems to be his favorite thing as he always does that when he's here. "Let me guess, health crap?" He asks me and I raise an eyebrow at him. "It's rude to swear" I tell him as I write that down but he only chuckles. "Can you be more like a child?" He asks me but I get the feeling that was not a question to be answered. "But yes, health is actually a thing we should be happy about, without good health I doubt you'd be here" I say to him with a soft smile on my face.

He laughs, mockingly at my words but I don't let that bother me. "Tell me, Leanna, why are you happy? Beside the obvious... yourself" He asks me and for a moment I grow confused. "Well, it's my fiancée's birthday today and I've a surprised planned for him but I do think we have deal, right? I tell you something and in return you will share something" I tell him and he chuckles as he walks over to the window but does not face me.

"I suppose I am a man of my word" He says as he faces me and I can't be sure what his kohl eyes are telling me, though there is something inside them that he wants to tell me but I have no idea what that is, he's holding back for some reason and I want to find out why but all in due time. "Happiness is a feeling that I've not felt in a long time" Silas says and for a moment I heard sadness in his voice but it also does sound like anger.

My heart feels for him and I want to hug him, show him that everyone deserves to feel happiness and joy and even love but I know that would be inappropriate and not what I should be doing even when my heart feels like it. "Everyone feels happiness, some just less than others and some can't even tell what it feels like. Sometimes happiness can also be when you're satisfied or proud of what you have accomplished. It doesn't have to be rainbows, though that is a good sign of happiness because even when it's raining, the sun can still show itself and fight" I say.

Silas watches me while I speak, his eyes staring only at me as if he's trying to figure me out, but his eyes also show something else. An emotion that I'm not sure what is as I've never seen it before. In a blink of an eye his emotions change and a hint of amusement comes across his eyes. "In that case, I feel rather happy when I wake up in the morning with a naked woman after a night of pure satisfaction" He tells me with a smirk on his face and I try to not cringe as I do not want to talk about these things.

"Well, I'm sure that is happiness but is there anything else that you feel happy about that is not... that?" I ask him with his intense stare at me. Chuckling he turns to face the window once more and his stare breaks off but I feel better for some reason but I also notice that my cheeks are burning and I'm blushing as the butterflies in my stomach are wanting to flutter there. "No" He answers and I write that down but I also write down that he's lying.

How do I know? I don't but I do know that everyone experiences happiness but sometimes they don't know what they're feeling and Silas has been happy but he doesn't want to share. "What surprise?" He asks me and I raise an eyebrow at his back in confusion. "Pardon?" I ask him puzzled. "What surprise do you have planned for your... fiancée?" He asks me and I come to a realization about what he was referring to. "Oh, well it's a surprise, I can't tell that to you" I tell him with a smile and he smirks at me as he sits down.